I-LAND episode one

"hello," jinghua gently greets bang sihyuk, rain and zico, bowing as she stepped into the room dressed in black jeans with a tucked-in plain white shirt, a grey plaid blazer covering the shirt and a pair of simple black heels. the seventeen member had been invited by bang sihyuk to be one of the producer judges for the survival show; i-land. sitting in the spar seat between bang sihyuk and rain, the chinese idol bows to her seniors with a light smile, applauding with them when they applauded for her. "thank you for inviting me," she smiles to bang sihyuk who returned the gesture with a fatherly smile.

the four producers sat waiting for the final producer judge to arrive, talking to each other about their schedules and whatnot when the door to the room opened - revealing mayse from nct. "hello," the young female greets her seniors with a bright smile, dressed in a white floral two-piece dress and a pair of white wedged sandals, bowing to everyone as she took the last seat at the table. "sorry for being late. i had a meeting before," the black-haired girl sighed, pushing back her hair as she played with the pen.

getting on with the show, the five judges turned to face the screens in front of them, each one of them displaying different angles of i-land. "wah~ the environment is so nice," jinghua nodded in approval, admiring the interior of i-land and how much effort the production put into the building.

"when you evaluate them, keep in mind that i saw their potential, not just their abilities," bang sihyuk explains to the four guest judges, glancing left and right to each of them as he spoke. "rather than seeing them as they are now, please focus on their potential and how you can maximise it," he finished as rain, zico, jinghua and mayse nodded, understanding what he wanted.

the screen then changed to display the outside pathway that led the trainees into the i-land building, trees shading the pathway nicely. "wah~ so pretty!~" mayse awes at the scenery, her hand unconsciously playing with the pen she held as she glanced down at her clipboard just as three voices and figures appeared before them on the screen. walking down the pathway were three trainees, the camera panning to film the trainee; kim sunoo.

"he looks so innocent," zico commented about sunoo when he appeared on the screen, mayse nodding in agreement and compliments his visuals before the camera panned to the trainee on his right, lee youngbin and then to the trainee on the right of sunoo, jake sim.

"he's so good-looking," rain compliments the australian trainee as jinghua nodded in agreement, glancing down at the male's profile before flicking back to sunoo's and youngbin's profiles and reading them thoroughly.

"he's jake," bang sihyuk introduces the boy to the four judges, smiling at the screen as he shares background information to his trainees. "we did a worldwide audition to pick him, and he beat our fierce competition. they've had the shortest training."

jinghua carefully listened to bang sihyuk, nodding as she took in all of the information he shared as she glances up at the large screen before tuning into what zico was saying. "it's when you're most passionate," the male points out, mayse and jinghua chuckling, pointing at the male with a smile as they agreed with his words.

"how much did you invest into that set?" jinghua questions the male sitting beside her, staring at the screen that showed the inside of the i-land building with wide eyes, covering her mouth in shock at the high-quality set. forgetting her starstruck emotions when the next unit appeared approaching the building, reading the profiles of the three trainees with an empathic smile. "foreigners, i understand them," she sighed, missing her parents.

more and more trainees soon began arriving, filling up the room of i-land with the five producer judges sharing their opinions on the trainees that appeared before them on the screen - mayse and jinghua cooing at the sight of the trainee, daniel who happened to be the youngest in the competition. "eh? jungwonie?" mayse questions, lifting a few papers from her clipboard to find the young boy's profile.