ALLKPOP, ᴍᴀʏ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐉𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐇𝐔𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐂𝐓 𝐉𝐀𝐄𝐇𝐘𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎!𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝗒 𝗈

𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝗒 𝗈.𝗌𝗀 𝗈𝗇 𝗆𝖺𝗒 27𝗍𝗁 2021

Fans of SEVENTEEN Jinghua and NCT Jaehyun have received exciting news!

On May 27th, SEVENTEEN's Jinghua released a YouTube video on her personal YouTube channel, Wangjing, entitled "I'm Pregnant", announcing the singer's pregnancy to her family, members and NCT.

Following the release of the YouTube video, both Pledis Entertainment and SM Entertainment have released official statements about the video.

Pledis Entertainment states: "Hello, this is Pledis Entertainment,
We are here to confirm fans' theories about Jinghua's sudden hiatus that was announced a few weeks earlier.
Yes, it was due to her pregnancy.
Jinghua had first come to us and expressed wanting to take a break from activities to ensure she'd pass her first trimester in June. With this being said, she had requested to go on hiatus till she was ready to return.
Upon seeing she has released the YouTube video announcing her pregnancy, we do not need to hide anything anymore.
We hope fans understand Jinghua's decision to go on hiatus and will show her support during these times.
Thank you."

SM followed with a statement of their own: "Hello, this is SM Entertainment,
We have heard the news of our artist, Jaehyun and his wife, SEVENTEEN Jinghua.
After meeting with the two artists and discussing options, we have concluded that during the pregnancy of Jinghua, Jaehyun will continue to attend his scheduled activities however will be given week breaks in between to support his wife during her pregnancy.
We hope fans of the artists will be supportive and understanding.
Thank you."

Along with these statements, a handwritten letter from Jinghua was posted on her Instagram account, Wangjii.

The letter reads: "Hello! This is Jinghua writing to you,
Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who has shown me and Yoonoh love and support since the announcement was released earlier today.
I want to thank Carats, NCTzens and other fans from other fandoms for sending me love and wishing us a healthy baby.
I have said this many times and I am willing to say it to the day I die, but I am thankful and so grateful to have Yoonoh in my life and experiencing this life-changing moment with me, by my side.
As I sit, writing you this letter, I am in my 8th week and will be finishing my first trimester in June! I am excited to have this baby with Yoonoh and can't wait to share my experiences with you all!
Thank you again everyone for the congratulatory wishes and I am excited for us!"

What are your thoughts about this?
Let us know in the comments!

OTHER ARTICLES :

• EYE CANDY SHARES FRIENDS IN THE IDOL INDUSTRY, WHO THEY'D LIKE TO COLLABORATE WITH, FUTURE PLANS AND MORE ON IDOL RADIO

• FAMOUS STYLIST LOLA HASTINGS MODELS FOR VOGUE KOREA

• PANDORA TEASES UPCOMING SUMMER COMEBACK ON WEEKLY IDOL