Chapter Ten

Kozantei, Fourth Quadrant, Andromeda Galaxy.

Amaryah

The planet was breathtaking from space, Kozantei was the color of a muted rainbow. Around it were seven smaller globes ranging in colors from pale to luminescent grey. Mya's heart sped with anticipation as the ship docked to the air station on the central rainbow-colored sphere. A melodic voice filling the ship with a "Welcome home." All the crew members fell into cheers, the atmosphere of the group jovial and relieved. The refugees were off loaded first and carried off to a settling agency. Her guide helped her to organize what she wished to take with her -which was nothing really- after all none of it really belonged to her in the first place, she just packed some oils, her comm device and her hair tie. Clothing and anything else she needed would be provided for her at her new home.

She was led to a pod and relieved to see that Yavik had opted to join her, earlier she'd revealed her anxiety about arriving at her new home world. The pod shuddered as it sped down a tunnel, there small circular windows on the walls, it offered brief glimpses of an orange pink sky. Mya shifted in her seat with excitement. She'd never seen real skies, a real sun, moon, or clouds. On the Elder Sanctuary she'd been too consumed with fear that she hadn't taken the time to take in her surroundings, but not this time. Her excitement was palpable. She planned to see and experience as much as she could. After what seemed like an eternity, but in reality, was just a few minutes, the pod chimed, and a hiss sounded as the clear dome covering the exit disengaged allowing the passengers to climb out. Her guide led her through the clearing process, her comm was quickly scanned and registered and she was then given an implant that would act as her identification. It was all quick and painless, her old one from earth was even removed, the Kozan scoffed at the technology. She was made to go through a scanning room, they made sure her inoculation from the Evok ship had been successful – it was. She'd breathed a sigh of relief at that. Yavik left her at the identification point, he was a member of the crew and had to go through a separate system, he left with promises that they'd see each other soon. She hugged him tightly, and he'd been completely awkward and confused causing Mya to burst out laughing when his fimbriae had vibrated vigorously.

When she walked through the doors exiting the massive building she gasped. The skies were beautiful - cloudless, but with a swirling mosaic of greens, oranges, and pinks. Mya's heart swelled, she felt free, inhaling deeply she gaped at the trees that littered the area. They were lush and presented in shades of yellow, purples and blues, and there were no roads that she could see. The form of transport were expertly designed hover vehicles that stuck to marked areas. The place was filled with the sound of wildlife and wind. She grinned, and her guide smiled back. This was what earth must have looked like in the old days.

"Kozantei is beautiful, I know."

Her guide led her forward and they began walking along the side of the building, she just followed still lost in her observance of all that she could see. Mya's body-her bones felt heavier as if the gravity of the planet were somehow stronger making the effort of her movements greater. She was glad her hair was lifted off her face as she noticed the twin suns in the sky, one was a deep red color, and the other a dazzling blue, sweat slithered down her neck. She hoped the buildings were air conditioned or else she'd be a puddle on the gem speckled dirt ground in no time. Her guide swatted her on her arm, and she looked down, startled. She'd almost walked into a tree. She also had an audience, Kozan and other species were looking at her with interest. She flushed; right...she was the alien now. A few steps away was a black hover vehicle, it seemed to grow in size when she neared it. She would have to tiptoe to swipe the door for it to open.

"You are to be taken to the palace, my dear."

The door flicked open, and she saw Zogan inside and vehemently hoped he hadn't seen her almost be taken down by the tree a few moments ago. She looked back at her guide who said, "If you need any more lessons, you can comm me, I put my contact on your device."