19│THE TRUTH ABOUT HONESTY

Start from the beginning

"I think it's sexy," the dark-haired boy admitted.

Juliet grimaced. "I don't. My things are my things."

"Thank you!" Cory exclaimed. "I don't see how her stubble on my face is sexy."

"It's not," the redhead confirmed, "at least in my—"

Topanga returned and she quickly trailed off as Cory forced a smile on his face. Still watching them, Angela called out: "Cory's disgusted that you used his razor."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Why wouldn't you have just said something?" the blonde asked him.

He laughed nervously. "Ha, ha. I don't mind. I think that you using my razor is very sexy."

"Oh, good. So when I use this razor right now to shave under my arms you'd be okay with that?"

"Sure," he agreed, only when she mimed the motion, he broke and took the razor from her as he pleaded, "no, I'd hate it! Please don't!"

"Why wouldn't you have just told me the truth?"

"The truth? That's funny, the truth."

"Cory, if we're gonna be married we have to be able to be totally honest with each other," Topanga said. "We should learn from this. From right now, total honesty."

"It's a trap," Shawn announced.

"Wait a minute. Are you saying I can tell the truth about everything?"

"Trap, trappity, trap-trap. . ."

"I want to," the blonde promised.

"—trap-trap," the dak-haired boy finished.

"Are you saying I can tell you exactly what I think with no fear of repercussion or lots and lots of yelling?" Cory asked.

"I wouldn't," Juliet advised as she placed her hairbrush back into her bag.

"Try it," Topanga offered. She shot the girl a warning look.

"Well, okay," he began. "Topanga. . . if you don't mind, would you please consider keeping your paws off my razor?"

"Done."

"Really?" he questioned her, clearly surprised. She leaned forward and kissed him in confirmation. As she walked out of the bathroom again, Cory turned to his best friends. "Wow. Honesty all the time. This will be good, huh?"

"I wouldn't count on it," the redhead warned him.

Shawn gave the other boy a look. "Yeah. This will be real good."

🌎🌎🌎

The next day, they found a table in the Student Union as they tried to figure out what to do for the weekend. Topanga had a school flyer in front of her as she read off the ads: "oh, look. My Petite Shoe is playing at the university theater. Do you want to go?"

"Watch this," Cory murmured to Shawn. He addressed his fiancée: "no. I don't wanna go. You know why? Because it's a chick flick and Cory don't like chick flicks. You know what else I don't like? The Ice-Capades. Don't ever take me there."

"Hey, guys, how you doing?" Eric greeted them as he wheeled a baby carriage past them.

"What's Josh doing here?" his brother asked.

"I'm just babysitting. I'm waiting for mom and dad to come pick him up."

Juliet stood from her chair as Cory went over to say hello the baby. "Hey, little bro."