6| not another russian spy.

I love all my Russian badasses here! I hope I didn't offend any of you guys! 🖤🤍

"Briar!" Steve hollered. He wasn't expecting her to get out of bed so easily, but he desperately called her again. He helped Bucky to her couch, hoping the blood wouldn't stain as much. Bucky winced in pain as he sat down and extended his arm so the blood didn't get on the couch. It didn't work, the blood still ended up dripping all over it.

"What?" she growled as she rubbed her eyelids. She was finally having a good sleep and didn't want to be interrupted.

"Buck!" she gasped as she saw Bucky lying down on her couch, holding onto his arm.

"He's been shot. Listen, I have to go get the others. Please do your best to take care of him until I get back," Steve instructed her. Briar looked at Bucky with a panicked look in her eyes.

"Fuck, I can't do this," she ran her hands through her hair.

"Yes, you can- and language," Steve ruffled her hair and ran off.

Briar had practiced the procedures with Peggy if someone had a bullet wound but she was anxious and felt her hands shaking now that it was happening in real life.

"Bree, if you don't do anything right now, I'll bleed to death and you'll never get that toy in the cereal box back from me," Bucky hissed as he gripped his injured arm more.

"I don't care about some stupid toy," Briar replied as she ran to her kitchen to get her medical supplies.

"That's not what you said yesterday," Bucky fired back.

Briar rolled her eyes. "Even when shot you're so annoying."

"Look who's talking."

Briar cleaned out his wound with fresh water and ignored his winces and moans. "Done?" he groaned.

"Not yet," she murmured as she tightened the gauze around him. The bullet would have to come out at the hospital. She didn't have the tools to remove it and her hands were shaking too much. She couldn't risk it. His blood had stained the couch but she didn't stop to care about it.

She was just glad he was safe.

"You're going to be fine," she assured him and Bucky slipped his uninjured hand to one of hers.

"I know. You're the one shaking- not me," he squeezed her left hand.

***

"He's safe, don't worry."

"And the others?"

"No, none of the agents poisoned were killed. Some are in critical conditions but they'll be fine."

"How's Fury?"

"He got it worse but he'll be fine-"

"Bucky!" Sharon cut off the doctor who was informing her about everyone poisoned and appeared at Bucky's hospital bedside. He was feeling better now but still had a pounding headache.

"He just woke up," the doctor told Sharon and handed Bucky a few pills. "These are for your headache- if you have one," he said.

Bucky downed them with a glass of water as the doctor took off to check on everyone else.

"How are you feeling?" Sharon checked his temperature. He was in no mood to socialize. "I'm feeling great hatred towards wine," he simply replied. He realized he didn't have his phone with him.