15| break-in.

"Do you want a superpower?" Briar asked Bucky as she licked some ice cream off her fingers.

He watched her with an amused smile before answering. "Depends on what that superpower is."

"How about super speed?" she suggested.

He thought about it. "Hell yeah."

"Being invisible?"

He made a face. "Nah."

"What?" she looked offended as she put a hand on her chest. "I would love to have that power."

"Why? No one could see you when you save the world from eternal doom," he flashed a grin.

"That's the point," she chuckled, scooping up more ice cream with her spoon but realized she was finished.

"Wanna share?" He offered her his rocky road flavored ice cream. She grinned as he pulled her closer to him, sitting her on his lap.

He liked his ice cream in a cone and acted like he was bringing it to Briar's lips but then he swerved at the last minute, hitting her neck.

"Buck!" She scolded him for wasting precious ice cream. "It's cold," she added with a whining tone.

"That's the point," he mimicked her with a simper and ran his tongue over the ice cream on her neck.

She softly gasped as his warmth replaced the cold.

Bucky sucked on a small area of skin causing her to let out a small moan. She bit her tongue, scolding herself.

He pulled back and grinned at her.

"I hate you," she grumbled, getting off his lap.

He sang after her with a smirk plastered all over his face. "You know you love me."

***

"We're going to have to stop here," Briar rubbed her temples with one hand, the other controlling Bucky to match her flying speed.

"You okay?" he asked worriedly as they landed on the ground. Briar had landed them at a back alley and thankfully, no one saw them in the air.

"Yeah," she lied. An aching headache was forming but she tried to push it away. She knew it wasn't from the lack of sleep she was getting- it was from HYDRA. She had a feeling it was a weakness she got in return for her powers- as well as the chills she got at random times.

"We need to find Sam," Bucky knew she was lying but he couldn't waste any more time. Now that they knew the entire SHIELD knew about Briar's location, she was in more danger.

Briar watched him ring up Sam and waited patiently. She found a clean spot and sat down with her back to the wall. Bucky joined her instead of pacing back and forth.

"Sam- it's me-" Bucky started to say but his mouth snapped shut. Briar looked at him with a questioning expression.

"Who is this?" Bucky growled at the person who picked up the phone.

He listened for a few seconds. "Let them go. They're innocent."

A few more seconds went by- longer than the first time.

"Let. Them. Go."

Briar curiously watched him and strained her hearing to hear what the person said back to Bucky.

"Fuck you," Bucky spat and threw a pebble on the wall from across them. He sighed in frustration and ran his fingers through his dark hair.

Briar stood up, brushing the dirt from her pants, and pulled him toward her before he could cause any more damage. "What happened?" she asked.