3| lennox.

"Lennox."

Briar opened her eyes to the soothing voice that called her... name? She frantically started looking around. Her hands were tied again but with something stronger than chains this time.

Something had happened while the gas had knocked her out. She had changed. Entirely.

She didn't know it yet, of course.

"Do you remember us? Any of us?" Sydd appeared in front of her, wearing sunglasses.

"No," Briar answered flatly with no emotion. She hadn't even remembered her name until Sydd had used it to wake her up.

Was it even her name?

Sydd nodded to the 3 scientists a few yards away and they turned the mini-TV on in front of Briar.

They were showing her places around the country with a disturbingly large amount of damage and destruction. A city in New Zealand had recently been bombed and it showed people sobbing, holding each other tightly as government officials barked orders around. A few cities in Venezuela recently experienced a public shooting and about 100 people were injured. 20 were said to be dead within seconds.

"Do you understand what we want you to do?" Sydd asked with a slight smirk.

"You want me to save them?" Briar asked slowly. She felt dazed and confused but had a gut feeling that's what she was supposed to do. Or what she wanted to do.

"No," Sydd spat. "Inject her," she ordered a scientist. He sighed and rammed something drugged into Briar.

"If we keep doing this to her, she could become permanently unstable," he warned Sydd.

"That doesn't concern me- or you," she replied and shook Briar awake.

"On it," Briar said at once. The drug HYDRA had injected her with was working just fine. The scientist who had made it cheered while his competitors glared at him. Whoever successfully made the sedative to keep Briar from finding out the truth would get a raise. Like most workers at HYDRA, those 3 scientists only joined for the pay. And to keep their families safe.

"But ma'am," the scientist who created the injection stopped Sydd from untying Briar. "Her powers. She can't go outside with them until she's mastered them."

"Again- that doesn't concern me- or you," Sydd said, firmly. "We need to do what Strucker told us to with our experiment," she smirked, coldly.

The other workers didn't dare argue with her. So, they just violently nodded and agreed.

"Great," Sydd said and untied Briar. Briar exchanged a sly grin with Sydd before heading out of HYDRA's headquarters.

***

"Umm," the hotel manager looked at her guest arrangement to see if someone by the name of Lennox had checked in. "I don't see a Lennox on here," she told the woman in front of her.

Briar glared at her. "Check again," she said dangerously.

The hotel manager quickly checked but shook her head with a quiet whimper. "What's your name again?" she asked.

Blair scoffed, "Lennox." That was the name that had popped up in her mind. It was also the name that was on her tag when she was back at HYDRA.

"I'm sorry but you don't have a room. Would you like for me to find you one?" the manager asked sweetly.

Briar was in no mood for games. She had people to murder. At least that was what HYDRA had controlled her to do.

Briar saw the manager sneak her hand under the desk and knew she was about to call for security. She couldn't risk it.