• Growing Pains • Oni! Lloyd x Emperor! Garmadon

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?" Lloyd panted, backing against the dresser. He tried to find a weapon, grabbing a hairbrush and holding it forward. He shrieked as he noticed claws were growing out of his fingers.

"Stop. You'll only hurt yourself." Garmadon stood up and began walking to him.

"K-keep away from me! Don't touch me!" He snarled as his eyes appeared to glow.

Garmadon stopped in front of him. Lloyd gripped at his shirt, tearing long thin strips through the thin fabric. He fell to the floor, groaning in pain.

"You don't want me to touch you, correct?" Garmadon asked, watching Lloyd nod his head. "Fine. I'll just talk, and it would be wise if you would listen."

Lloyd just wished he could disappear. The number one worst thing he could ever imagine was happening to him and his father insisted on staying to watch. Nonetheless, he decided to try and listen to what he was about to say.

"Do you remember what made me embrace my Oni side?"

Lloyd grunted out, "C....conflict..?"

"Yes. From what my brother has been telling me, you have been dealing with a lot of that recently, haven't you?"

No answer, only Lloyd emitting a throaty whine.

"I'll take that as a 'yes.' Sit up. Now."

Before Lloyd could even attempt to get up, Garmadon was already hoisting him up and leaning him against the wall. Lloyd's eyes were clamped shut as he convulsed against the hard surface.

Garmadon let out a sigh. "Tell me what you feel."

"...it...agh, it...it hurts."

"Be more specific," He ordered.

"It's b-burning. My...my skin...under it."

"Better. Now, open your eyes."

Lloyd continued to keep his eyes shut, shaking his head spitefully. Garmadon let out a low growl that rumbled in his throat down to his chest. He took a breath, trying to compose himself. What would get Lloyd to listen to him?

"Lloyd, look at me."

Lloyd opened his eyes in surprise. That was the first time he had ever heard his newly resurrected father say his name.

"Good." Garmadon's face didn't change from his furrowed expression. "Now, breathe. In through-. What is it?"

Lloyd's eyes bubbled up with tears. He couldn't take it anymore. His chest heaved as he let out a stifled sob. He clutched at each of his arms, tightly hugging himself.

Suddenly, Garmadon grabbed Lloyd's arms, tugging them away from his body. Before Lloyd could say something, Garmadon pulled him against his chest. Lloyd had to fight the urge to resist and push away from him.

"Why are you...doing this?" Lloyd managed to say through groans and other various pained noises.

Garmadon sighed, rubbing a circle on his back. "....when it first happened to me, it hurt. I know you're in pain, too. I can feel it."

Lloyd sniffled, "I...ugh..I'm sorry I was.."

"Stop. Don't speak, just focus on your breathing."

As time passed, Lloyd's body was reverting back to normal; the claws retracted, the horns sunk down, and his skin was no longer grey.

Garmadon's arms were getting numb from staying in a cramped position for so long. He looked down at Lloyd, examining his now sleeping form. He got up, carried to Lloyd to his bed, and lowered him onto the bed.

After brushing the hair away from Lloyd's forehead, he whispered, "Good night, Son."

With that, he took his exit out of the window where he came from.

Word Count: 1,161 Words.

(Hello! Here's a kinda angst chapter to get you through the weekend!

Sorry for the late-ish update. I had to go to the hospital over the weekend and spent the night there. The doctors thought I had appendicitis while I actually had an ovarian cyst. All I know is that it really hurt. It was my first time ever staying in a hospital and it was quite scary, but I'm happy to be home recovering now!

Once again, I have quite a few requests still in the chamber, and am not accepting any more, so try to refrain from asking for part twos of things. I did the previous one just because I felt like I half-did the request. So, if you've been waiting for your request to be written, please be patient. I am trying! :]

Thank you for reading! And thanks to @elizamarieserame for the request! I loved everything about this concept. I hope I wrote it to your liking! If there are any typos/dumb stuff in the chapter, please let me know so I can fix it!

Thanks again for reading! Stay safe and have a good weekend!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :] )