30|The Start of the End

"Taehyung! Where the heck have you been?!"
Seojoon's aggravated voice didn't even elicit a mere flinch from the said male, as he crossed the threshold of his drawing room for he'd anticipated this very reaction from his hyung, far long before.

"Hyung..... I'll explain everything to you and everyone. Also there is something important we need to discuss as soon as possible, so please gather everyone for me in the meeting room, I'll meet you there in a bit."
Taehyung quickly pushed his point through not letting his hyung get a word of his own in as he rushed past him towards the 1st floor of the house.

Seojoon, on the other hand, was left completed dumbfounded by his dongsaeng's abrupt dismissal of his worries and questions. This didn't sit well with him nor did the fact that Taehyung was most probably heading towards the girl's room which rose a whole different set of worries in him, alight. Was Taehyung not recovering well? Had his stitches reopened? Did he suffer any other injuries? Was he in pain?

It frustrated Seojoon to no end to not know the answers to particularly that set of questions. He was already against Taehyung going back to his work the very next day of suffering a bullet wound and losing a major portion of his blood but Taehyung being his stubborn self didn't pay any heed to his hyung's worries and escaped from him, right under his nose while he could not do anything to stop him.

But this time he wasn't going to let it pass. He was already hard pressed by the others for allowing Taehyung to go through with his stupid decision. But now he wasn't going to be relentless with Taehyung anymore. He has some serious questions that needs to be answered and Seojoon isn't letting him out of his sight until he has them all.
_

"Tae, Seojoon hyung is going to lock you up in your room if he comes to know about this."
Lisa stated exasperatedly from where she sat across the bed on which Taehyung was lying on, as Jisoo swiftly worked on his reopened stitches to set them back in place.

"I agree with her. They are too delicate for you to be moving around Taehyung, given their position. And just what were you doing to have them reopened so soon."
Jisoo was beyond concerned for the male as he laid there biting his lips from the pain, not letting a single sound escape past his bruising lips. She was almost about to yell when Taehyung pleadingly looked at her, melting some of her anger born from her worries and concern.

"I swear I was being careful. I didn't even realise when this happened and only became aware of it as the painkillers started wearing off."

Both the ladies replied with a bored gaze of their own at Taehyung's statement, as if listening to a child confessing only a half of the truth and leaving the crucial details of his mistake unspoken.

Though Taehyung didn't clarify himself further as he remembered something important he'd been keeping at the back of his mind all day long.

"Oh! That reminds me. Could you possibly prescribe me a better painkiller with lesser dose to keep off the pain and also one that won't make me fall asleep on my job?"

And there it was again that innocent look of his as he gazed at Lisa, who only rolled her eyes in return being done with the male already. Whereas, Jisoo shook her head as she slapped the male's torso, obviously far from the stitches but close enough to get a suprise yelp from him.

"Hey! What are you doing?"
Instinctively, Taehyung tried to cover his wound by his hands, only for them to get slapped away by a very concentrated Jisoo, who continued her work as if nothing happened.

"Tae, I already warned you about that. Plus, you are a doctor yourself, you know better than anyone else."
Lisa plainly replied to Taehyung's earlier question getting an annoyed huff in response from the latter, which got a chuckle out of her.