Weaponized

Dexter paced back and forth as he stood alone in the woods

Dexter paced back and forth as he stood alone in the woods. He kept an ear out for two cars hopefully coming his way. Hopefully. There was a moment that if younger Dexter knew what he was doing he would call himself crazy and committing social suicide. But, that Dexter, was also afraid. He was afraid to come home. He was afraid to lose Zoe. He was afraid to love. Here, right now, this Dexter knew that to get what he wanted he had to fight for the people he loves.

"Dexter?" Dexter looked up to see Stiles out of his Jeep. He must've gotten into his head and missed him coming. "What are we doing here? Are you okay? Is it...you know who?" Stiles whispered the last part as he remembered hearing from Zoe that Dexter would still get upset if Matt was mentioned. Only one time did Dexter sneak out of the house and come to the woods to think about him and Stiles just sat with him in his Jeep until Dexter offered to pay for food. The least he could do was pay after making Stiles sit and listen to him cry for an hour.

Dexter shook his head at the memory as he walked over to Stiles. "No, no. I just - I need to do something. I need to say something."

Stiles nodded as he watched his best friend fiddle with the charm bracelet he always wore for Zoe. "Hey, I'm here. You know you can talk to me." Dexter smiled at Stiles as he heard a familiar bike pull up to them. "I need to talk to both of you."

"Scott."

"Stiles."

Dexter sighed as he turned around walking over to Scott, "Thanks for coming." Scott nodded as he followed Dexter out to Stiles. "What are we doing here Dexter?" Stiles asked, visibly angry as he glanced at Scott.

"We need to talk. Or I need to talk first, you listen, and then you talk." Dexter said as he glanced between the two. "I get what happened was a mistake. Honest mistake but it was a mistake. Zoe, as much as I love her, she got in between you two and she's still beating herself up about it. But we are a pack, we are friends. Best friends." Dexter said.

"We don't have to be best friends to be in a pack." Stiles said, "We just have to tolerate each other."

"This is why you're both here." Dexter groaned, "Before the supernatural. Before Zoe. Before threads were a thing and soulmates. You two were brothers, you two were Scott and Stiles. Stiles and Scott. That was it."