The Benefactor

Zoe Klein stands by herself in the middle of a crowded room at Lydia Martin's house

Zoe Klein stands by herself in the middle of a crowded room at Lydia Martin's house. With only a few months into high school, she and Lydia made it their mission, or well Lydia made it her mission to make them queen bees of the school and she succeeded.

Her twin brother Dexter and his best friend, also Lydia's boyfriend Jackson Whittemore, were on the lacrosse team and easily the best players. Zoe's boyfriend, Matt Daehler, was late as this was their first big party together. This was the moment that Zoe wished for a boy, who actually didn't care about big parties and she wanted someone to be there for her only.

"Hey, you okay?" Lydia walks up to Zoe handing the girl a red solo cup. "Maybe this will help you relax." Zoe grabbed the cup as she smelled it before pulling away in disgust. "Did Dexter and Jackson make this?"

Lydia chuckles as she nods. "It's safe. At least I think it is." Zoe put the cup down as she grabbed Lydia's arm. "Where are they?" Lydia pointed Zoe in the direction of Jackson and Dexter standing or dancing.

Zoe laughed as she watched Dexter and Jackson passing back and forth a bottle of vodka as they cheered along with their teammates. "Boys." Zoe groaned as her and Lydia both chuckled. "Who's that?" Lydia asks as she catches a boy staring at them. "I don't know." Zoe mumbles as she stares at the boy with a buzzcut standing in the corner with his friend next to him. "They seem strange."

Zoe tilts her head as the boy keeps staring at her. His friend next to him takes a puff of his inhaler as he looks around. "Who are you looking at?" Scott asks Stiles as Stiles shakes his head, "No one."

"Were you staring at her again?" Stiles sighs as Scott chuckles, "Dude she's never going to notice you. Even if she thought about it, would her brother let her date you?"

"He's not that scary." Scott and Stiles both look over to see Dexter Klein live up to his reputation as he walks up to both girls pulling away a drunk Greenberg falling on them. Dexter laughs as he punches the kid in the stomach before pushing him away.

"I stand corrected." Stiles says before looking back at the girls, "Scott, one day I'm going to marry her and when you finally see Zoe Klein as the girl I do. The one who will become your best friend-"