Chapter 10

Papasok na sana ako sa loob ng may napansin akong pigura ng tao. Nakayuko siya sa magkabilang tuhod niya at nakasuot pa rin ng uniform na suot niya kanina. I looked at my wristwatch and have sighed when I realized that it was already 7 of the evening. Kanina pa ba siya dito? I enter my apartment and walk into my room, I took a blanket before I walked outside and put it in her back.

Pearl looks at me, and there I see sadness painted in her eyes. There are unshed tears on her face, and her eyes were swollen. I kneel in front of her as I swept her tears away. I automatically caressed her back the moment she hugs me. I can feel her shoulders moving. I let her cry as much as she wants and did not mind the tears coming from her eyes, that's making my shirts wet.

It took us a few minutes before I let go of the hugs and decided to bring her inside. I motion her to sit on the couch as I walked into the kitchen and get a glass of water. She's still sobbing when I walked in her direction and sits beside her. I give her the glass of water, but I saw her hands trembling, so before she could touch the glass I bring it to her that has a small space from her mouth. I smiled when she slowly leans herself and take a sip of water. I put the glass on the table and look at her.

"I— I hurt s-someone, S-sache, " panimula niya, hindi ako nag salita at nakinig lamang sa kaniya. She smiled when I held her hand and squeeze it gently. Sa pag bigkas niya ng mga salitang iyon ay ramdam ko ang sakit na nararamdaman niya. Hindi ko alam pero nasasaktan ako.

"I...... I don't know how to make it up to him. I don't know h-how?" I closed my eyes tightly when she started to cry again, I squeeze her hands telling her that I am here. That she's not alone.

"You can tell me, hmm? I'll listen." I told her while squeezing her hand using my one hand, and the other hand was sweeping her tears.

"I don't know what's going on his mind to kiss me, Sache. He confessed his feelings towards me, yes, but it wasn't a reason to kiss me. It wasn't a big deal to me though it was my first kiss. B-but Sache, h-he saw us. The man I love saw it with his own eyes. A-and It hurts me knowing that I am committed to him, yet I let someone kiss me." Pearl said and about to grips her hair but the good thing is  I've stops her before she could touch her hair.

"D-did he listened to you? I mean, the guy you love, did he hears your side?" I feel like I am the one who was hurting when she shook her head. I felt my chest tightened cause me to have a hard time breathing.
I was going to hug her when I realized something. Why I didn't realize it earlier?

"You're committed to someone. A boyfriend, " I want to hurt myself for comforting her without knowing that she had a boyfriend. Never in her entire life, she told me about a guy who she likes. I know I have no right to ask for her explanations about this thing, but am I her best friend, wasn't that enough to tell me about her life?

I see how her eyes widened, the tears that are forming in her eyes were gone now. Her lips trembled and her eyes start to look in any direction.

"I... I should be at home by this time, S-sache. I s-should go—" she didn't finish her words when I touched her face.

"Sorry, did I pressure you? Sorry for saying that, Pearl. I know that it was your life, it's private. Sorry, " agad siyang umiling sa sinabi ko at kinuha ang dalawang kamay kong nakawak sa mukha niya kanina.

"N-no Sache, I'm the one who should be sorry. Sorry for not telling you. I'm sorry for making you feel that our friendship wasn't enough reason for me to tell you about that thing. Sorry, " I close my eyes as I slowly nodding my head. I will understand you Pearl. Iintindihin kita.

"Dito kana matulog, okay?" I stand up and hold her hand. She gently nodded her head and hugs me.

"Sorry, " hindi ako nag salita, hindi ko alam pero kusang namuo ang luha sa mga mata ko na agad ko namang pinunas bago pa man makita ni Pearl.