Chapter 7

I woke up this morning without Flynn in my side. His only scents left here in my apartment, I touched the cold floor using my foot and did not bother wearing slippers. I started walking to go to the bathroom to do my morning routine. I watched myself in the mirror, I see the color black under my eyes and sadness was visible too. I have sighed and touched the water flowing through the water tap. I washed my face gentle like it was helping me to feel better. I don't know how long it takes me to the bathroom and prepared everything. I took my phone and look if he had texted me but I look for nothing.

With a throbbing pain in my head, I ride a taxi and put on my headphones. I paid the taxi driver and went off without looking back. Music diverted my attention and let me skip to the fact that Flynn's not here. But the world was too cruel. I am not yet sauntering, it gives the pain back to me. Looking at the gates of our school makes me feel empty, Flynn's not there, he was not there to wait for me and walk with me inside the school campus. The truth's slapped me hard.

"Ang boring, " Reign broke the silence and throw her pen on the blackboard. Miss Dion has a meeting so we can't have a lesson with her. We were just seating here in the room while no one's talking. I have a sighed and stand up to go to the comfort room but someone held my hand.

"Come with me, " my forehead crease but I can't complain because he's already walking while holding my wrist. I've heard them murmured and asking why Levis take me. I look at his hand that is holding my wrist. His hold wasn't that tight but wasn't that loose. Every student was passing by taking glances at us and keep whispering.

"Can you please let me go?" I said to him and try to get off his grip. He looks at his hand and removes his hand. I thought that he's going to let go but he just let go of my wrist and hold my hand. I have heard some students gasped but Levis does not seem to care at all and grabbed me.

"What the... You  grabbed me here just to find a necklace?" I asked him while pointing to the stool where the necklaces are. It's been a while since we got here and he said that he would buy a necklace, but he didn't know which necklace he would buy, so he chose to come here with me and let me choose which necklace he should buy.

"Got a problem with that?" I want to punch him on his face for asking nonsense questions.

"Problem? Of course, it has. Let me remind you that you grab me here, you brought me here in the Mall without thinking twice that we have a class." He just shrugs his shoulder while his eyes were still in the necklace. The girl beside him that I think was the sales lady was watching us while grinning.

"Did you already choose—"

"I didn't," I said to him, he looked at me while his poking his cheeks with his tongue. He tapped the floor with his shoes and look at me intently.

"Then choose." Is he commanding me?

"You know what? You should have brought your girlfriend here, and asked her what she wants—" I don't finish my words when he spoke. Madness was visible in his voice.

"Can you just fucking choose? Your talking too much, tsk, " I look at him unbelievably. How dare him to shut me up? Despite being irritated, I looked at the stool where the necklaces are and started looking. Minutes have passed but I haven't chosen yet, they all similar to me, nothing different. I have decided to turn my back and grab Levis but one necklace got my attention. I come near the stool and leaned forward. I stared at the necklace that caught my attention. It was a gold sleazy necklace with an arrow pendant. It was a simple yet beautiful necklace. I looked at the pendant which is an arrow or more like a key pendant. It looks pleasant.

"I'd buy this, " Levis said while pointing out the necklace I was looking for. I have sighed and told myself that maybe next time. I stood straight and walk out of the jewelry shop without looking back. I don't care if Levis was still there, he wasn't a kid anymore, so I'm sure that he could handle himself.

"Fried siomai please, " the girl smile at me and ready my siomai. I took my phone from my pocket but I put it back when I've realized that it's a dead bat.

"Here miss, " I smiled at her and pay. I am busy putting the calamansi when someone took it from me. I looked at him who is putting the calamansi to the siomai.

"You left," he said as a matter of fact. I did not answer him, I took my food from him and started eating. He shook his head and ordered too.

It's funny how he finished his food first with the fact that I was the one who buys first. I get the tissue and sipped on the mineral water and wipe my mouth. He did the same. I am ready to go when he spoke.

"I'll take you home, " I turned my head and look at him. I looked at his face that hasn't had any expression at all. I was waiting for him to take back what he said but I waited for nothing. He looks so serious about what he says so I don't bother to complain.

He opened the passenger seat and wait for me to get inside before he gets in. I've put the seatbelt on and look at the window. I could already see the light from the buildings and houses. I realize how fast the time is. I remember that it just a morning earlier but it is evening now. It was the sun's place but now, it is the moon's place. I did not notice the time, I was carried away from the moment. I get my phone and press the power button to open. It took seconds before it opens. But it took me a minute to realize that he had no messages to me. I did not realize that my phone turned off again, I was just looking at the car window and let the lights filled my eyes. One day hasn't passed yet, but it looks like it was the beginning of a decade.