Message From The Author

To my loving readers, fans, and friends,

       I don't know what it's like to live life by itself. I've always lived vicariously through characters that I connect with in some way, whether just on the surface or deep down. Because from a young age, I was truly misunderstood, misguided, and I found that it was easier for people to understand the things that they already found familiar. 

And so I lived my life through these fictional characters, shaping my personality out of them to explain myself in order to live an 'every day life'. But, even at some point, that stopped working. And I fell victim to somebody who found out my secret on how to get through life, and convinced me that I didn't need that. She tried to show me what life was like on it's own. When really, I stopped living life completely. 

I became so co-dependent on this person telling me what life was like, that I completely forgot how to live it. Even though I didn't really have the chance to in the beginning. Because I was never really living my life, I was always living somebody else's life in order to live my own. And now, after years of shifting, maladaptive daydreaming, fictional characters that I talk to late at night to confide in, imaginary friends; and after spending so much time resisting and avoiding all of that, I come back to it. Because it's what I know. And it's easier for me to understand the things that I already know. 

It's an escape. I've tried to stand and fight, and I tried to tell myself that that's what I need to do. I've listened to other people when they tell me that's what I need to do. But what if it's not? What if finding an escape is the way for me to live? Because it centers me and neutralizes me in a way where I can watch my life go by, but also not get so sucked into it that I lose touch with who I am. 

That's why I prefer fictional characters. That's why I shift, and that's why I've written this story into three different books as to not leave this world that I've created. I am Ayca. She keeps me sane, she's every thought and, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that she's exactly how I see myself. 

So please enjoy this next book in the Sinbound series as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Sincerely,

Elena Forest 

P.S. Loki says he loves you and Ayca says to go eat something and get water. 

P.P.S. Thor says to tell your mom you love her.

P.P.P.S. (me: you guys, this letter is supposed to be serious and emotional, you're ruining it!) *sighs* And Tony says to do your homework.

NOPE- NO MORE. (p.p.p.p.s. Peter says hi.)