< LIV >

{TRIGGER WARNING! EXPLICIT CONTENT! DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, THANK YOU! Otherwise, enjoy!} 

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

'What do we do now?' Neveah asks, looking at Brandon. How are they not freaking out?! 

My heart is racing like crazy and I don't know what to do. At least I didn't scream this time. I knew that if I made a sound, they would come running in here and we would be screwed. 

We're screwed either way. 

'We need to get back to the others, otherwise, they'll suspect something.' Brandon says, putting his gun back in his back pocket. I stare at the gun in my hand and take a deep breath. 'Cataleya, we have to get back. We need you to act as if nothing happened.' 

I look at Neveah and take a deep breath, trying to calm down. Stressing won't help. It'll get us killed. 

So instead of panicking, instead of reacting to what just happened, I shove it away and nod. 'Okay.' 

Neveah nods and looks at Brandon. He stares at us and takes a deep breath, wiping the blood off of the knife, before hiding it in his pocket. 

'Come on.' We head back into the living room, making them all turn to us. There are more men now. At least ten of them joined their crew. 

'Where's Damian?' Damian. That was his name. The man who's probably still bleeding in Rio's office. 'Who is Damian?' Brandon asks, walking over to his brother. 

Luca rolls his eyes and snaps his fingers, making an old man step forward. 'Ve a mirar.' Shit. 

The man strides towards Rio's office, leaving all of us in silence. It's so quiet that you can hear his footsteps down the hall. So quiet that you can hear him gasp before he runs back to the living room. 

'Está muerto!' He shouts, immediately pulling his gun and pointing it our way. Shit. Shit. Shit. 

Leon wants to get up from his place on the couch, but Rio pulls him back. His eyes stay on Luca though, not daring to look away. 'What do you want, Santos.' 

It comes out as a demand, even though it's more of a question. Rafael isn't playing around anymore. But neither are they. 

'You have some nerve Curzio.' Luca slowly gets up from the couch and walks over to the big windows on the other side of the room. 'After the deal, you made with my mother, you kill one of my men?' 

'Exactly, I made a deal with your mother, not you.' Rio shows no fear. None at all. 

I'm glad Luca is only glancing at Rio from time to time because if he would look at me, I would seriously fucking break just because of his gaze. 

'I simply came to pick up what's mine. You owe me that much, don't you think?' Luca turns to Neveah for a second, before turning back to Leon. 'Especially since you murdered her. Even after the news.' 

'What news?' Leon asks, trying to think of a way to get Luca away from us. 

The fact that he's just a teenager, a teenager with so much power, is absolutely terrifying. 

'Don't play dumb with me, Leonardo.' The way he says Leon's name, sounds like he's ready to puke. He hates Leon with every cell in his body. 

'He doesn't know.' Rio states, making everyone turn to him. What is this all about? 

'But you do, don't you? You killed her because you wanted to keep them happy.' Luca points at us and waits for Rio to respond. 'I don't care about their happiness.'