< XLV >

{TRIGGER WARNING! EXPLICIT CONTENT! DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, THANK YOU! Otherwise, enjoy!} 

Neveah Aurora North:

'What is this all about?' Rio asks as he walks into the dining room. I made sure everyone gathered around. 

'Apparently, the girls want to tell us something?' Tiago chimes as he keeps his eyes on me. I nod and look at Cataleya. She's sitting at the head of the table, which is usually Rio's spot. 

But since he took too damn long to get here, she decided to sit there. 

'Now that Celine's birthday is over with and there's just one more festivity, we thought we could all celebrate it together?' She starts, making everyone stare at her. 

Rio stays put at the door and leans against the frame, looking at Leya with frowned brows. 

'Which is?' 'Christmas of course.' I state, making everyone look at me. 

'Oh god...' Marco sighs dramatically. Rio rolls his eyes and stares at us for a second, before turning to Tiago. 'You want to celebrate Christmas?' 

'Yes.' 'How old are you?' Rio asks mockingly. 

'I'm not asking you to hire a fake Santa-' 'We just thought it would be a great idea to do something together, like secret Santa or something?' Leya continues, before I fucking jump at Rio. 

He always has something rude to say. Even now. 

There's nothing wrong with Christmas. Leya and I usually celebrate Christmas with her mother, but not this year. We already asked if we could go, and they said no. Rio said no. 

'Secret Santa?' Celine asks, making my mouth drop. 'Don't tell me you don't know what that is?!' 

She shrugs and takes another sip from her mug. She's drinking tea again. 

'It's something you do around Christmas. Everyone picks someone to buy a present for, but we have to keep a secret who we picked.' Brandon excitedly explains. 

At least one of them seems excited about it. 

'Sure, why not?' Celine shrugs before turning to Rio. Tiago smiles at me before turning to Rio as well. Everyone is looking at Rio except for Marco and Kai. 

I don't get why Kai's here. We called a meeting, meaning he's not invited. But well, the more the merrier I guess. 

'Yeah, why not?' I mock, knowing that he'll give in since almost everyone wants to do it. If only Marco was on our side too. 

But that won't be hard. Leya simply has to blink a few times and smile at him for him to turn against his friend. 

'It has been a long time since we celebrated Christmas, why not?' Tiago asks, folding his arms in front of his chest. 

Rio stares at his cousin and takes a deep breath. I don't know if it's because he's ready to kill him or if it's because he's seriously thinking about it. 

'It will be fun!' Cataleya tries, making him look at her for just a second. He rolls his eyes and turns to Celine, who seems pretty excited about it now. 'Do you really want to?' 

She nods and smiles at him. 'Leon?'

'Yes, Adriano?' They stare at each other for a few more seconds, annoying the fuck out of me. 'It's not a decision between life or death, it's only Secret Santa jeez!' Leya shouts as she walks over to the little basket she already set up for all of this. 

'Valentina, I don't think you remember what I told you last night? Should I remind you how you should be talking to me?' 

We all go silent and look at them. Leya gulps and stares at him, not caring about the rage secretly forming in his eyes.