< XXX >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

'Veah?' I whisper as I open the door just a little. 'In here.' I peep around the door and notice that none of the curtains are opened. 

It's pitch-black, making me wonder what the hell they're up to. 'Please tell me you're not naked!' I cover my eyes, just in case the two of them decided to go wild last night. 

'What are you talking about?' Neveah laughs, making me look past my fingers. I can vaguely see her laying on the bed, buried underneath a bunch of covers. 

'Leon please be dressed!' I shout jokingly, swiftly walking over to the bed. 'He's not here Ley.' What? 

'Why are you sitting in the dark then?' I ask before pulling the covers down just enough to see her face. 

'I don't know.' She groans, pulling the covers back. I climb underneath them as well and move closer to her. 'Where's Leon?' 

'I don't know.' She repeats in the same wearied voice. 'What's going on with you, I thought that you two were going to talk last night?'  

She nods and takes a deep breath. 'We did.' 

'But?' I ask, waiting for her to explain why she looks like she's been crying herself to sleep again. 

'He wants me to stay.' She whispers, before turning to me. Tears are forming in her eyes and it's obvious that she has been crying the entire night. 'It's not like we-' 'I don't want to stay Ley. I really don't.' 

Neveah has always been bad at making good decisions. She probably thought about every worse outcome to ever exist and makes decisions on that. The worse case scenarios. 

'Even after what happened?' She nods and takes a shaky breath. 'That's exactly why I think it's best if we go. Before it gets worse.' 

She closes her eyes for a second and it looks as if she's finally able to rest now that it's off of her chest. 

Those words have been destroying her since the phone call. 

'Neveah it won't-' 'I promised myself to never care about someone like this, Ley. I promised.' She sighs deeply, before opening her eyes again. A single tear escapes and rolls down her cheek. 

I know who she's referring to and I think it's unfair. How can she compare Leon to Drew? 

'He's different.' Her lips curl up as she nods. Deep down she knows this is not the same as with Drew, yet she continues to look at them equally. 

'I know. It just-' Her breath hitches in the back of her throat, making me grab onto her before she breaks down in tears. 

I don't want her to cry. I don't want her to be in pain. I just want her to make me understand. 

If I understand what's going on in her mind, I'm able to help. Maybe I'll be able to talk some sense into Leonardo. 

'Drew ruined my perception of love.' She mumbles and all I can do is nod. 

Drew Kane did ruin her perception of love. He really did. He ruined her life. He ruined her chance of finding love again. 

That asshole fucked her up in ways I didn't know was possible. They got together a week after she got back from Italy. A week after her parent's death. A week after her heartbreak over Leon. 

He used her, sometimes even abused her. Every time she came to us, crying, balling her eyes out just like she did yesterday. I wanted to kill him. I still do. 

I want to kill him more than I want to kill Rio. He's on top of my list. 

'Remember that one night, when we got into a fight and we had to rush to the hospital?' She asks, turning towards me again. I immediately remember that night, because it was one of the worst nights ever.