< XLIV >

Celine Elloise Dufort:

I wake up to an unfamiliar body pressed up against me.

Well, not unfamiliar. I've examined and taken care of his body for weeks, but I've never felt him this close.

I immediately notice that I'm not wearing any clothes. Neither is Kai.

I watch as his chest rises as he takes slow, deep breaths. He's still asleep.

What the fuck happened? Without waking him up, I manage to get out of bed and grab a shirt lying on the ground.

My dress from last night is ripped a little at the back as if someone tried to pull it off my body.

Don't tell me... I turn back to Kai and can't come up with what the fuck went down last night, but it's not that hard to guess since we're both naked.

But I don't remember any of it since I drank too much. Great!

Now it's going to be awkward, just as we were about to get to know each other a bit better. Ugh! 

'Fuck-' Kai moves at the sound of my voice, making me wonder if he's waking up already. I stay put and watch as he turns around, still asleep. 

He usually sleeps through everything. So my voice won't wake him up. 

I look at the little timer on the side of my bed, or at least where it's supposed to be. A big bucket with an empty champagne bottle and a little water, which were icecubes from last night, is placed on the spot right where the alarm is supposed to be. 

Shouldn't there be way more water in there? I shake my head, instantly regretting it since it's too much movement at once, and reach for the bucket. 

Perrier Jouët Belle Epoque. I haven't had that in years and I don't even remember how it tasted. But the bottle is empty, meaning I drank at least some of it last night. 

I put the bottle aside and take a deep breath before throwing the water on Kai. He slowly wakes up, not giving a single shit about the fact that he's wet. 'What the fuck-' 'Why the fuck are you naked and why are we in my bed!?' I shout, ignoring the pain that shoots through me as I do. 

'Could you calm down, jeez! You're too loud.' He shoves his head into my pillows, making it wetter than needed. 'Get the fuck out of my bed you idiot!' 

The muscles in his shoulders tense before relaxing again. Don't tell me- He starts snoring. 'Idiot.' 

I throw the bucket on the bed and sigh deeply. What the fuck happened? 

What the fuck does this mean? If I slept with him, where the fuck does that lead to? Oh god! My head feels like it's about to explode. I climb onto the bed and smack Kai's back, trying to wake him up. 

'What do you want Celine?' He groans as he turns around just a little. 'When I get back here, you'll be gone.' 

He rolls his eyes and turns back around, instantly falling back asleep. Asshole. 

I get out of bed again and head to the door. When I'm wasted, the only thing that helps with the hangovers is the stupid drink my mom used to make me for headaches. So that's what I'm going to make. 

When I reach the kitchen, I hear muffled talking. It's Neveah and Leya, but I wonder who they're talking to. 

I open the door and instantly smell the sweet breakfast they're making. 'Look who made it out alive!' Neveah jokes, throwing her arms into the air dramatically.