Ch.42:First smile,First laugh

Theo p.o.v

Shai and I have to go to Claire's house today.She wants to start planning mine and Shai's wedding.What we know so far,is that we will not get married until after filming Allegiant part two.

"Theo?Have you seen Ashton's bear beanie?"Shai asks,running around the living room,searching for it."I have looked everywhere and I can't find it.Why can I never do anything right?"

This woman is driving me just a little insane.She always says that she's not good enough to be a mother because she doesn't know how to do things,for example:sometimes she doesn't know how to buckle the carrier into the car,she sometimes puts Ashton's diaper on wrong,and she doesn't know how to make Ashton a bottle out of formula that much.But in reality,she does.Im actually the one that has trouble doing all those things.I can never tell whether our son needs to be changed or fed.That's why when Shai gets mad at herself,I lose my sanity.She's just talking down about herself,and I don't like it.

Ashton is in his swing,wearing the outfit Zoë got him.Its a shirt and some jeans.The back pockets of the jeans have a smiley face that light up.His shirt is blue with white stripes.Shai put his converse on him.

"Don't talk like that Shai,and why don't you just put another beanie on him?"I ask.

She shakes her head,"Its pretty cold,so I need the bear beanie to match with his bear onesie that I'm going to put on him later."

I laugh,"Maybe it's in the car?"

She puckers her lips,"Maybe."

I grab my keys,"You want me to go check?"

She nods,"Please?"

I nod and walk out of the house.

I unlock my car.I open the back door.I look through the compartments.

I remove the blankets that Shai left in here.Sure enough,Ashton's beanie is under them.I grab it,and the blankets.I close the door,then lock my car.

I walk back into the house.Shai smiles when she sees the beanie in my hand.I walk over to her.I hand the beanie to her.She kisses my cheek,"Thanks Theo."

I smile,"No problem."

She goes upstairs.

I get Ashton from his swing.He kicks his feet as I lift him up.I hold him close to my chest.I kiss his head.

Then,the most amazing thing happens,he smiles at me.

I start smiling,"That's your first smile buddy."

He gurgles.

Shai comes back downstairs.She has the diaper bag.She sets it down on the couch.

"Shai,come here,"I say.

She looks at me,confused,"What?"

"Just come,"I say.

"Ok?"she says.

She walks over to me.

I hold Ashton up in front of her."Alright buddy,can you smile for mommy and daddy?"I ask.

He stares at Shai,then smiles.

Shai gasps,"Did he just-"

I nod,smiling wide,"He just did."

Shai claps her hands,"You just smiled buddy!"She grabs Ashton's little hands.

He then let's out a laugh.

Shai turns her head to me,"His first smile,and first laugh."

He smiles again at me.

Shai takes him from my grasp.She kisses his cheek,making him laugh again.

Shai laughs,"You are too adorable Ashton."

She starts putting him into his carrier.

When she finishes putting him in,she turns around to me,"Theo look!"

I go over to her,"What is it,love?"

She smiles,"He has your dimples."

I smile.

"Ok,lets go see Auntie Claire,"Shai says.

I grab the diaper bag.We walk out of the house.I lock the door.I unlock the car.Shai buckles Ashton in.She gets in afterwards.I shut the door for her.I get in the driver's seat.I put the diaper bag on the passenger seat.I turn the car on.

I turn around to look at Shai.I smile at her,"Time to plan our wedding."

She reaches forward and grabs my hand.She laces our fingers together,"And I am extremely excited."

I kiss her hand,then pull out of the driveway,heading to Claire's.

____________________________
A/N:Comment and Vote!Bye!!!
~dezzy💖