Outrunning The Witch

"So what's it going to be?" Silvia asked, "Are we going to walk out of here together? Or am I going to peel you out of that tin can?"

Before you could give your reply, Silvia's ears twitched as she spun to her right in time to brace herself against Russel who hit her like a freight train. Though she was able to brace for it, the nine tailed vixens was largely unprepared for the impact. Russel collapsed after the initial impact. Silvia slid back a fair bit of distance but bent her knees before extending her toe claws to slow herself.

While Silvia recovered, you quickly scanned the area around you to see if you could find anything to help tip the tide of the fight in your favor. "There has to be something around here somewhere that can-" Your thoughts caught for a moment as your eyes landed on a very familiar looking weapon, "Stop her..." You made a dash for the weapon which looked very much like a rocket launcher, though you knew what it's true intention was. You lifted it off the ground before hefting it over your shoulder. By the time you turned around, you found Silvia and Russel in a close quarter duel. For a while, Russel held his ground. But it quickly became apparent that Silvia had strength to spare as she quickly gained the upper hand. The pair struggled and grappled for several seconds until Silvia used her tails to restrain the lion before unleashing a flurry of slashes as one of her tails coiled itself around her neck. Shortly after that she released the lion and allowed him to drop to the ground. You aimed the launcher at Silvia as she glanced around in search of you. Surprised flashed across her face as she found you aiming the large weapon at her. You squeezed the trigger, causing the launcher to violently fire a capsule at the fox. Silvia smirked as she prepared to dodge the projectile, evidently, she figured this would be an easy task given her ability. Still clinging to consciousness, Russel clutched both of his hands around her ankles. Silvia looked down at him in disgust. The capsule exploded into a weighted net as it made contact with the fox and pinned her to a wall like a fly in a spiderweb.

Everybody breathed a collective sigh of relief. Russel turned to you giving you a smile of gratitude, "Wasn't sure how much longer I could hold her back. Thanks."

You shook your head, "I should be thanking you for coming to save my skin."

"I offered you a chance," Silvia growled from across the room.

"I declined," You replied.

"Clearly," Silvia replied, "I really wanted to work together with you. But if your determined to resist me, then I have no choice but to resort to force."

"That's a bold threat from someone in your position," You scoffed.

Silvia chuckled, "Are you referring to my current predicament? This may have stopped me but it won't hold me." To prove her point, Silvia began straining against the net. To your shock and horror, the net began to flex under her influence as some of the lines began to fray and snap.

Russel grabbed you by the shoulder and walked you to the door, "You need to go. Now."

"Don't you mean we?" You asked.

"No," Russel replied firmly, "I mean you and Annika."

Annika shot a worried glance at Hunter, "What about you?"

Hunter gestured to himself, "And I'm not really in any condition to run away from psycho fox back there. I'm better off going to find a doctor instead of slowing you down. Besides, if Silvia has a choice between coming after me or chasing down Kiba, she's definitely going to chase him."

You then turned to Russel, "And what are you going to do?"

He turned to go back into the facility, "Extend your head start."