Safe No Longer

A couple of weeks had gone by now. Your life at the moment basically consisted of being under house arrest with one of the four anthros watching you. They were very kind to you, they even went out of there way to spend time with you to keep you entertained. But no matter what they did, you were still in a prison.

Felecia called you into the kitchen where she was slipping a pair of shoes on. As you entered the kitchen she glances up at you with a smile, "Hey, I've got to run out for a second. I won't be long, but i need to sign off on some paperwork for my schooling."

"Okay," You replied.

"So do me a favor," The cheetah said as she stood up and approached you, "Stay. Out. Of. Trouble."

"Yeah, no problem," You replied.

"I mean it," Felicia insisted as she stared you down.

"Okay, I promise I'll stay out of trouble while you're gone."

"No answering the phone, no going outside and absolutely under no circumstances do you answer the door," The feline warned.

You sighed in annoyance as you rolled your eyes, "Yes mom."

Eventually Felicia relented before heading to the door, "I'll see you in a bit."

You heard the front door close and lock. This was actually the first time you'd been left alone since your arrival. You contemplated taking a look around the neighborhood, but quickly decided against it as you recalled Russel's warning about the mayor.

You were about to turn the television on when you heard rustling in the bushes outside of the house. You carefully inched your way over to the source of the noise, which appeared to be a window on the side of the house where some shrubs had been planted in the back yard. You positioned yourself near the window with your back against the wall. You waited for the sound to come back, eventually you were rewarded as you heard whispering and more rustling as someone moved about in the shrubs.

You moved over to the back door. You looked up at the doorknob and lock which stood at about chin level to you, given that anthros tended to be much taller than the average human. "This is such a bad idea," You muttered under your breath as you reached up and unlocked the door. You turned the doorknob and slowly pushed the door open. The backyard stretched out before you, bordered by a wooden fence that was much higher than you were. You couldn't help but think that if you ever had to climb a fence like that quick and in a hurry, you'd have a problem.

You waited to see if anything happened, but nothing did. You inched away from the house, your senses were on full alert as you scanned the yard. A few trees here, some bushes there... Nothing seemed to really stand out. Just as you finished that thought, something leapt out of the shrubs and began running at you. Your initial reaction was to turn and face your attacker. You got a brief impression of a black furred predator as you dove to the side to avoid the attacker. As you got to you're feet you found that your attacker was a black fox. He had bright blue eyes and wore a navy blue t-shirt with denim jeans. You slowly took a step back and turned to look back at the door. However, you found three more foxes guarding the door. One was white and the other two were orange and red.

"I should've stayed inside...." You muttered to yourself.

The white fox looked to be female wearing a pink shirt and black jeans. She had brown eyes and long blonde hair that ran down to her shoulders. She looked at you with awe, seemingly stunned to see you.

The orange one had blue eyes with short black hair. She was dressed in a green tank top with a pair of tan shorts. She didn't seem surprised to see you, but she was looking at you like you were her prey or something.