Locker Room Showdown

You made it to the stadium with an uneventful car ride. You and hunter made your way over to the men's locker room to get changed. You were both pleasantly surprised to have the whole place to yourself. Hunter was already wearing most of what he needed with the exception of a pair of fingerless gloves and a jersey. You on the other hand, had a bit more work to do. Fortunately for you, not only was Malcolm able to supply you with clothes made specifically for you, but he was also able to have athletic wear made for you. However, being concerned for your safety; both he and Luna insisted that you wear padding under your basketball jersey. You really didn't want to, but they quickly overruled your vote.

You sat on a bench in the locker room as you changed your clothes. You heard the entry door squeak open before it slammed shut. That was normal, however, what was less normal was the sound of the door locking.

"Um, excuse me?'' You called out, "There's still someone in here!"

You heard heavy footsteps move away from the door and towards you. As the owner of the footsteps rounded the corner your eyes got wide.

"So sorry about that," A familiar feminine voice apologized, "This is so embarrassing, but I left something behind in here the last time I was here." The lioness from before stood before you with a grin, her yellow eyes had locked onto you with a predatory glee. "But," She continued as she set down a large duffel bag, "I'm pretty sure I know right where I left it, once I have it I'll be on my way." You looked down at the bag and quickly noticed that it was empty with the exception of some duct tape. "I'd tell you what I came for, but I have a feeling you already know." As the lioness approached you she gave you a toothy grin, "Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide."

"Then I guess we have no choice but to fight then," You replied.

The lioness paused with an amused expression on her face, "Really? You and me fighting one on one?" She asked.

You shook your head, "I wasn't talking about you when I said, we."

"He was talking about me," Hunter interjected as he jumped up from behind the mercenary and put her in a chokehold. Though to do it, he had to actually jump off the ground and onto her back.

The lioness growled in surprise before reaching behind her back for the smaller and younger fox who held her in a choke hold. As she did this however, you saw it as your opportunity. Getting a running start, you targeted one of the lionesses knees. However, she quickly saw through your plan. Grabbing hunter by his throat, she ripped him from her back and tossed him aside before turning to face you. By the time you'd realized that she was ready for you it was too late. She clamped one of her powerful paws around your throat and lifted you up with virtually no effort at all. She smirked at you as she held you there, you drew your left leg back and aimed to kick her muzzle, just as you had done with Mr. Sanders. The lioness was ready for this as she caught your foot with her free paw and grinned at you. With one foot in her grip and the other kicking uselessly at the air, there wasn't a whole lot you could do.

"I know all about your little tricks," She said as she gradually increased the pressure around your throat.

"You won't kill me," You wheezed as you tried to pry her paws off of your throat, "You can't. You wouldn't want to damage Silvia's prize, right?"

The mercenary smirked at you, "The truth is I haven't figured put what I'm going to do with you yet," She continued before flashing you a devious grin, "I might just eat you." You would have recoiled from that thought if you'd had the freedom of movement to do so. You redoubled your efforts as you tried to force her hand open.

"Put him down," Hunter growled as he got up and clenched his fists.

The woman sighed as she looked over at him with a disinterested expression, "You did your best, there's really nothing more to be done on your part. Just stay out of the way, there's no need for you to be needlessly harmed."