88

The next morning, Elodie was getting ready for school. She had woken up before Imogen, mostly the usual, and brushed through her golden, wavy locks. Her school robes hung off of the back of the bathroom door, as well as her lip gloss that waited for her to apply.

Her and Fred actually had Potions today together, and Snape described their upcoming study as 'revelation', meaning Snape was genuinely excited as well.

Elodie gathered her things and began heading to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Oddly enough, once she walked in, Seamus called her over. Not the twins or Ginny, but Seamus. She walked over to the pale boy and sat down sideways, knowing this would probably be quick.

"Oi, Elodie! Snape's going to do Armortentia today. Some mates from seventh year said he'd be teaching the sixth years about it this week. Just a heads up so it doesn't feel like a bludger hit yer head."
Seamus warned. Elodie's read about Armortentia, but never actually knew it was a lesson. It was rumored to be the strongest, but weirdly the scariest, potion in the wizarding world.

Armortentia was a love potion.

The wizard would smell the substance, and smell their true soulmate. No one smelt the same thing. It was different for everyone, so you would have to explain what you smelt. It was scary because, tons of relationships end due to the complexion.

"Oh, um, thanks Seamus." Elodie smiled, nodding and walked to the Hufflepuff table. Before she could fully sit down, she heard a whistle behind her.

"Ellie, what's Seamus on about?" Fred asked, handing her a slice of toast.

"He was just giving me a heads up for class." Elodie said,
"And why do you 'need a heads up for class'?" Fred asked, putting on his best American accent to mock her.

Elodie giggled a bit, then say down next to him.
"Uh, Freddie, we're learning about Armortentia today." Elodie replied to his question.

"What's that?" Fred asked.
"The strongest love potion in the world." Elodie replied once again.

"Erm, okay?" Fred really just wasn't clicking. Elodie rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Never mind." She sighed and went back to stealing the food from Fred's plate.

"You bloody bastard! You have tons of food on the plate I just made you!" Fred exclaimed, laughing. Elodie was laughing too, but really didn't care what he was saying.

"Yours tastes better." Elodie said through a long laugh.

Fred shook his head, like she did moments earlier, and face palmed.

Elodie finished her Muggle Studies class, and dreaded this moment. She now had to walk to Potions.

Fred was leaning against the frame of the Potions door, waiting to walk in with Elodie.

"Finally. Took you ages." Fred said sarcastically. Elodie shoved him a little, and he fell perfectly into his seat.

"Weasley you won't be needing a sit for this class. Everyone stand in a circle." Snape said, and with a push of his hand, all the desks and chairs glided into the back wall of the classroom.

"Today you will be smelling a potion I've already made, set for example. You will be making it tomorrow after you take notes of ingredients and what you smelt." Snape explained. Elodie inhaled, as he grabbed a tiny cauldron from the back counter and vape began to spill out from the top.

"We'll now be smelling it. No harm to you, just explain what you smell." Snape announced.

He went around a few students, then landing on Elodie.

"Ms. Jian." Snape said cockily, but kept a straight face.

Elodie didn't want to breathe through her nose that entire class, so as of that moment, she finally did.

She closed her eyes, inhaling the scent.

Firework dust, the kind her, Charlie, George and Fred all lit on their first New Years spent together.

Broomstick Polish, the sent she smelt when she would congratulate Fred in the Gryffindor locker room after a quidditch game.

Fire whispies.

Her eyes shot open. Elodie sort of froze, she exploded with happiness on the inside.

"Ms...Jian?" Snape snapped her out of her daze.

"Hm?" Elodie replied.

"Your scent?" Snape asked.

"Yeah, I um, I smelt firework dust, broomsticks, toothpaste, and uh....fizzing whispies." Elodie said as she ignored all eye contact from Fred.

"Hm. I wonder who that could be." Snape said, inaudible for everyone else but Elodie as he was only two inches in front of her. She smiled at him shyly, and he went on to the next few students after Elodie.

Then, it landed on Fred.

"Weasley, smell this." Snape spat. It was obvious he didn't like the twins and the twins didn't like him. Fred smirked at Snape, and inhaled what was in front of him deeply.

Some sort of coconut candy. Like the ones the lady on the train would hand out from the trolley.

Pages of fresh parchment, maybe a book? The scent was familiar, but couldn't figure the parchment part out.

Peach Mango lip gloss.

"Weasley? What is it?" Snape barked, annoyed that he had to stand this close to one of the twins for this long. Sucks for him, George was in his next period.

"I smelt parchment. Like newly opened, uh, those coconut candies the trolley lady gives us, and peaches and mangoes." Fred said.

He didn't want to be too direct with the lip gloss so he left that part out, but him and Elodie both knew it was her favorite flavor.

Elodie had her head down, but looked up at him through her eyes. She smiled and let out a silent giggle, and he returned it with a smirk and a wink.

"Obvious." Snape said sternly, swiftly moving away from Fred and the class was then dismissed.

Elodie packed up her things, then headed towards the door. Fred stopped her, once Snape was gone of course, and kissed her. It was super passionate.

"I guess you're my soulmate, flower." Fred whispered, his forehead against hers and his hand son either side of her face.

"I guess you're my soulmate, Weasley." Elodie said softly.

"I really smell like fire whispies?" Fred asked shocked.

"Yep." Elodie said, beaming.

"Wicked." Fred smiled to himself. He approved of smelling like his all time favorite candy.