Chapter 3: Make Me Smile

*Day Of Mary's Energy Blast*

As the same shockwave that Ilya saw spread around the world in under a minute, he wasn't the only one that was aware of where it came from. Once something starts spreading through word of mouth it's difficult to stop. From colonies to colonies, murderers to murderers, and fellow stranger to fellow stranger. The conversations about what everyone had seen were everyone in the human adjacent people left in the world. Only a small amount wondered where it might have originated from but most others knew. Just like how Ilya had heard through other people about Mary killing Abiel, everyone soon came to realise the energy blast had come from the same person. Mary-Anne Coulter.

- • -

*Present*

Jake and Christian were still hugging. They hadn't let go and it had been around 5 minutes. It had been a long time and they were just taking one another in again. Neither of them could say they hadn't missed the other but it was a necessary thing to do when they all split up near the start of everything. Christian took in Jake's scent, he smelt exactly the same but with just a bit more maturity. Jake could instantly tell Christian was exactly the same but that was to be expected when it came to a being that was over 6000 years old.

"You almost shot me with an arrow asshole" said Christian as they separated from the hug.

"Well you did look creepy as fuck to be fair" replied Jake, both of them smiling. "Why are you here? How are you here? How did you know I was here?"

"Woah, chill out" said Christian. "Mary asked me to come found you."

"You're still in contact with Mary?" Replied Jake. However, before Christian could answer they both heard something coming. At first Christian looked like he was getting ready for another fight but then Jake put his hand on Christian's shoulder to make him relax. Out of the foliage appeared another figure but this time nothing was hiding their face. Just as shocked as Christian had been before he was again as he made eye contact with Lu.

"Holy shit, you're still alive" shouted Christian with a smile.

"Fuck yeah I am" shouted Lu, smiling as well. The both of them then sped towards each other and embraced in a hug. "I can't believe it's actually you."

"How did you know I was here with Jake?" Asked Christian.

"I could sense his emotions and he seemed overly happy for someone living in the end times" answered Lu.

"Oh so you two have swapped blood then" said Christian, pointing at both Jake and Lu and raising an eyebrow, a smirk also appearing on his lips.

"You really haven't changed one bit have you" replied Lu.

"Why would I when I was already perfect in every single way" said Christian. "So, what are two doing out here?"

"Hunting" replied Jake, then seeing that Christian wanted specifics. "Mainly food but also other things if they get in the way."

"Talking about food, we should probably be getting back to camp" said Lu. "Breakfast will almost be ready."

"You guys have a camp?" Asked Christian, intrigued.

"We do" answered Jake with a smile. "Would you like to see it?"

"They actually let vampires in" said Christian.

"Only the ones that don't try and eat people" clarified Lu.

"All good here then" said Christian, all of them smiling.

"Come on, let's get going then" replied Jake, all of them starting to walk in the direction that Lu had come from. However, not before Christian asked another question he was thinking about.