33

━━━━━━━━━┈♛┈━━━━━━━━━━

❝You call me up again just to  break me like a promise

break me like a promise.
So, casually cruel in the name of
being honest.  ❞

•••

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

EVERY ONE IN A WHILE I GET THE FEELING, THAT MY  life wasn't real. It was more like a roleplay, with different characters and too many plot holes. I know, I have a tendency to overthink, but you cannot blame me for believing so, especially when every individual I meet resembles the ones I already know. Take it for example, my father. Everyone knows he's rich, with insane amount of wealth overflowing his bank accounts, and has a history worst than any politician. He's around every next big thing, his name is known among all my peers, he's always on the news making headlines.

But one thing that disturbs me the most is how, bizarrely simpler he was to, Park Jimin, who was also known for everything listed above. The resemblance between the two men was, too legit except that one was a narcissist, while the other was a manipulator. Yet, still two sides of one coin.

         Curling uncomfortably in my seat I turn to look at my father, he was a restless mess. His legs were shaking unstoppably, with clear distress as he fisted his silver hair, grunting sharply a bitter curse, which managed to flare up my delight. I couldn't be more joyous than I was right now. It startles me how miserable my father appeared, and yet my eyes they were shimmering in triumph.

It was a wonderful night. Almost too wonderful, though it would've been much better if the weather wasn't so horrible. The cold, breeze, and terrific thunder, made me whimper with a gasp as I stepped out of my car. My hair slapping hard across my face, against the hard, strong wind as I tried to walk straight in heels.

          Yes, heels——don’t judged me in my choice of fashion, I was always a step ahead. And no one can blame me for trying to look my best; even in dire circumstances as such. I've always wanted to play, Nancy Drew for as along as I could remember. And now that I have the perfect opportunity, I simply couldn't resist,  slipping on a simple pair of Louboutin.

Though, I highly doubt Nancy Drew could even afford one.

    “Rose, I would be more comfortable if you stayed in the car,” Father suggested, icily staring at me, as I scowled showing my absolute disagreement. He can't just expect me to stay in that, damn car while he gets to have all this.