Chapter Twenty-Eight

Rory sat at a table in the park with Duke, Conner, Althea, and Roy. They were the people she drafted into the prank war for her team and were trying to cook up a plan. Everyone had great ideas, but she and Tim had agreed on five rounds, so there could be no tie. The only thing off-limits were times when they were on patrol and anything to do with their hero personas.

Staring at the paper in front of her, Rory grinned. "Looks like we have a plan, I say we start with the first one on the list to show we mean business. Plus, I think it would piss Tim off the most."

Lian, who was sat in her lap, tried to lean over to see what was on the paper. She could tell what the different letters were but she wasn't reading yet. "What is it? I wanna help!" she cried.

Rory looked at the little girl on her lap and smiled. "You'll see when it's finished. What you can do, is make sure no one on Tim's team finds out what we are doing. Can you do that for me?" Rory asked.

Lian gave Rory a salute with a giggle. "Oki doki!"

"So, where are we buying all of this stuff?" Althea asked.

Duke, Rory, and Roy all looked at each other with a grin. "Well, when you're adopted by rich people, they tend to give you cards of your own," Roy answered.

"And because of that, we have unlimited funds for our little prank war." Duke finished.

Rory nodded. "Besides, I doubt Bruce or Oli would care all that much as long as we don't do this in Wayne or Queen Manor."

Conner looked at them with narrowed eyes. "Tim mentioned the prank war you guys had, what caused it exactly?"

Rory scrunched up her face in thought as she tapped the table, "Honestly, I don't remember." she laughed. "It was over something that wasn't even important and the stakes were bragging rights and a pan of Alfred's brownies I think."

"What are the stakes this time?" Roy asked, leaning back in his seat.

"Bragging rights, as usual, and the losing team has to clean the training equipment for a month," she said.

Everyone visibly shuddered, they all knew the training equipment got gross quick. With 6 people, it was bad enough. With Roy, Dick, and Duke hanging around more it was even worse. It gave everyone more push to want to win, and Rory had a feeling she was going to win this time for sure.

The following weekend was when Rory and her team decided to strike. For the last day or so, they hid small plants in their rooms so they were out of sight. Quietly, each one of them snuck into the rooms of the opposite team while they slept and took apart their keyboards, and placed the small plants inside before putting the top and keys back on.

Rory was charged with doing Tim's room, they knew he would most likely not be asleep just yet. She would be able to tell when he was coming back and send out some sort of signal. Lucky for her, Tim had disappeared off to who knows where and that gave her the perfect chance to get it done.

It was when she had just finished putting it back together that Tim pushed his door open to see Rory standing there like a deer caught in headlights.

"Rory, is everything okay?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

Looking at him, she could see Tim was wearing his glasses. He rarely wore them, but Rory loved the way they framed his face and brought out his eyes more.

"Yeah," she smiled. "I just wanted to see you. Everyone else is asleep, so I figured why not?"

Tim smiled at her and walked forward taking her waist, "It's you we should be concerned about," he said. "You are at the top of my list of worries."