Memorial Day Short

It was May 31st. The final Monday of May, Memorial Day. The Arcobaleno knew this. They always spent the day quiet, each respecting this day. Skull more so than the others. They never knew why, but not once would Skull say a single word on this day. His makeup and piercings nowhere in sight, all black clothing, and a sorrowful look on his face. This happened only twice a year. On Veteran's Day and Memorial Day. They've speculated and theorized as to why, but never had the guts to ask. But they will today. Or, well, tomorrow technically.

12:01 am, the day after Memorial Day

Skull was sitting at the kitchen table, waiting to be joined by his curious co-workers. He knew this discussion was going to come up soon, there was no way they wouldn't eventually ask about his strange behaviors. He sighed out loud, this was not going to be a nice. The topic was always hard to talk about, and while the others can be rude and kind of mean sometimes, Skull knew that they would not be like that during this time. The other Arcobaleno act like older siblings bullying Skull, who is like their younger sibling in a teasing way, that will throw all that talk away to show their love and support.

"Skull, if we may ask, why do you always act so different on Memorial and Veratrin's day? Did you... Did you lose someone...?" Fon, the calm and nice one asked.

"My parents. Long ago, when I was 6. They got sent to war and never made it back home. I was raised by my older brother who also ended up being sent to war when I was 17. He fell to the same fate as our parents... I always pay my respects to them on the two days. So that's why." Tears fell from Skull's eyes, they were quickly wiped away as he was enveloped in a comforting group hug.

They then always spent Memorial and Veteran's day cuddled up with the cloud, reassuring him that they would never leave and will always be there for him.