Chapter Twenty-Nine: Tyler

I met Chris, Danny, and Nick for lunch after I got back home. We went to Chipotle to celebrate Chris and I being drafted to the NHL.

"So you're really on a team with that Asshole?" Nick asked me.

"Yup," I let out a breath.

"How's that gonna go?" He asked.

"I have no clue," I said. "I really don't know,"

"He's gotta get used to the fact that you're teammates now," Danny said, taking a sip of water.

"He's such a fucking asshole," Chris said.

"I know, but I have to deal with it," I said.

"On another note... graduation's coming up in two weeks," Chris said.

"Yup," I said. "I can't believe I'm graduating,"

"Me neither," Nick said. "I remember when I was in elementary school, it was so long ago,"

"I know, right?" I said. "We just grew up so damn fast,"

"Prom comes the day before, are you going?" Chris asked me.

"Depends, are you?" I asked.

"I'll go if you're gonna go," I said.

"Deal," He told me.

"Nick, wanna join us?" I asked.

"Sure," He said.

"How about you, Danny?" Chris asked.

"I don't know," Danny said. "Liv and I are going to Florida to visit her parents,"

"Her parents?" I raised my eyebrow. "I didn't know that you guys were that serious,"

"We are," He smiled. "I told her that I was in love with her the other night,"

"Love!?" The guys and I asked at the same time.

"That's awesome, Danny," I smiled. "She's a great girl for you,"

"I know, she's awesome," Danny said. "But about Prom, are you getting a dress?"

"I guess so," I said. "At least this time my dad doesn't need to approve it for me,"

Chris let out a small laugh.

"Okay, who wants to go dress shopping with me?" I asked the guys.

The table was silent.

"Wow, don't all jump up at once," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"I'll go with you," Nick said. "I could get some things at the mall anyway,"

Nick picked me up to get some things at the mall. I took forever to pick out a dress, let alone try them all on. Nick told me how amazing I looked in all of them.

"I think I like this one," Turning around in a long dress.

"Well, you look fucking amazing in it," He said, pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"Nick," I giggled softly and pulled away. I looked around to make sure that no one saw, thankfully they didn't. Or at least I didn't see anyone.

I got the dress and some shoes to match. I stopped at Ulta to pick up some makeup to match the dress.

"Do you need makeup? You look beautiful without it," Nick said to me before we got to the register.

"Ew, you sound like my dad," I laughed. "What did you need to get from the mall?"

"Nothing, I just wanted an excuse to come with you," He said.

"Damn, you're so cute," I whispered.

After we left Ulta, we got something to eat.

When Prom night came around, Nick picked me up at my apartment. We went to get Chris next and went straight to the school.

"You got a date, Chris?" I asked.

"Nope," He said. "I'm a single Pringle,"

"Why is it called a single Pringle?" Nick asked. "Aren't Pringles better when there's more than one?"

"Well, they rhyme, don't they?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, so does meth and death but they don't use that as a saying," Nick said.

"Well, shit, he's got you there," I laughed.

"It's not my saying... people say single Pringle," Chris said.

"Mhm," I smiled.

"What? They do!"

We got to the crowded school and had the time of our lives. I remember last year when I was at Prom with Zack and they guys and we told each other about going to the Juniors. I was so happy that day.

When it came to the slow songs, we all awkwardly sat at a small table in the courtyard. We sat in silence, watching other people dance.

"I'm gonna go talk to one of the girls over there," Chris said, getting up.

"Have a blast," I said, waving to him.

He smiled, going over to the girls confidently.

"Now that he's gone..." Nick smiled at me. "Wanna dance?"

"Nick, you know I'm not much of a dancer," I laughed.

"What the hell are you talking about? At the wedding you were great!" Nick smiled.

"Yeah, great," I rolled my eyes.

"Please?" He asked, holding out his hand. "It's our last prom,"

"Fine," I smiled, taking his hand.

We danced like we did at Ethan and Shreya's wedding, but this time there wasn't a kiss at the end. We didn't want to be too suspicious, especially while the entire school knows who we both are. When the dance ended, Chris came back over to our table.

"Were you guys dancing?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's not too bad of a dancer," Nick smiled.

"How was dancing with the girls?" I asked Chris.

"They were girls..." He said. "Hot, yet so fucking annoying,"

"Uh, harsh," I said.

"Oops, sorry, Ty," He said. "Not all girls are like that,"

"Mhm," I smiled, rolling my eyes.

It was late by the time I got back home. Even though Chris dropped off Nick at his place, he came over to mine after.

"Out of your dress already?" He asked me.

I was already in sweatpants and a Thunderbirds t-shirt. I took off my makeup and my hair was in a messy bun.

"I can't stand dresses," I told him.

"But you look so sexy in them," He bit his lip.

"Literally the only reason why I wear them," I said.

"It's okay, 'cause you're still smoking in sweats," He kissed my lips.

I smiled as I dragged him to my bedroom.