Chapter Fourteen: Tyler

I was going dress shopping for prom today, which I wasn't too happy about. I never really wore too many dresses, but I do look good in them. The thing was, the only time I could go was after my hockey game. Guess who took me to my hockey game? My dad. He was not too fond of dress shopping himself. My mom was with Riley for his lacrosse tournament this weekend, so it was just me and my dad.

"Ready to go dress shopping?" I asked my dad, throwing off my skates.

"Not really, but sure," He said. "Let's go, Princess,"

I smiled.

"You're going dress shopping?" Zack asked.

"With your dad?" Finn added.

"Yeah," I flung my bag around my shoulder.

"You're actually gonna wear a dress to prom?" Taylor asked.

"Don't you hate dresses?" Zack asked.

"Fuck off, eh?" I rolled my eyes and smiled. "It's just for prom,"

I turned around, going to the car with my dad.

"Picking up on my Canadian accent, eh?" He elbowed my arm and laughed.

"It's fun," I smiled.

We got in his truck and I changed in the backseat. When I was done, I threw myself over the center console and sat in the front. I changed the radio to a station that Dad and I both like.

"So, where's this place at?" Dad asked.

"We can go to the one in the mall," I said.

"Okay," He drove to the mall, bopping his head to the music.

When we got to the mall, we walked inside to a large dress store. A wide assortment of princess dresses shown as we walked in, with every color imaginable.

"Bloody hell," I looked around, feeling some fabric on a light blue dress.

I looked at a few blue dresses. I have been told that blue is my color. I look really good in navy, so I took a few navy dresses for me to try on. I took a few more that looked really pretty. One was tan, two were red, and one of them was pink. I was never a big fan of pink, but it was a gorgeous dress.

I smiled going into the dressing room with at least a dozen dresses. I came out with the first red one. It had a low neckline and a slit at the bottom which showed my thigh. I looked extremely sexy, but Dad didn't think it was such a good idea.

"Nope, nope," He said, turning me around. "You're not going to junior prom with a dress that is way too... revealing,"

I rolled my eyes and smiled, but I tried on the next few.

I got a wide range of:

"Too long, you'll trip,"

And

"Way too short, no one wants to see your ass hanging out,"

And

"Sequins? Are you fucking kidding?"

Okay, I was kinda on board with that one. It didn't look too good.

My last dress was my favorite. It was one of the navy ones and it flowed almost to the floor. With heels, I could pull it off. I felt like Cinderella when I walked out of the dressing room wearing it, showing my dad. He had a proud look on his face.

"So, what do you think?" I asked, spinning around in my dress.

"It's really pretty, Ty," He said.