Dinner

It's almost midnight and i just started making dinner for Lizzie and I. I know it's a little late but i wasn't hungry earlier and we just got to our small apartment from a night out with our friends. Music is softly playing through my phone speaker. The song currently playing is perfect by Ed Sheeran, and Lizzie is playing along on my guitar on the counter.

"Babe how do you make a D chord?" Lizzie whined causing me to laugh and turn around to face her.

"Put your pointer finger on the second fret of the third string from the bottom."

"K, Like this?"

"Mhm...now keep that there and put your middle finger on the second fret and bottom string." I walked towards her guiding her fingers so they stay in the right place. She looked at me and smiled, then kissed my cheek as it was turned facing the guitar.

"Put your ring finger on the third fret and second string. Then strum." I backed up smiling, then turning back to fix our dinner.

"What are we even having?" She looked up as she continued strumming.

"Mac and Cheese. It's the only thing in the house and we have to go to the store tomorrow." I said while carrying the pot past Lizzie and towards the sink to drain the noodles.

"Let me help please." Lizzie whined once more. Turning to her I walked to her and took her face between my hands.

"No. You'll burn down the apartment."

"Ok for one, it's mac and cheese plus you already dealt with the fire part and two all we need to do is add milk, butter, and the cheese packet so let me do it." She walked up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

I groaned and regretfully handed Lizzie the pot to stir since all the ingredients were added and waited to be mixed.

After a few minutes the stirring was complete so I grabbed two bowls from the cabinet. We scooped some into our bowls and sat down on the couch.

"Let's go to Australia." My girlfriend said casually. Not even looking in my direction.

"Ok but in a couple days, we just got back from London and I'm still jet lagged." I smiled and moved over to kiss her cheek.

I WILL NOT ACCEPT ED SHEERAN SLANDER.😐If you don't like Ed Sheeran, it's fine please don't comment on it, in my story comments. Please and thank you.