WonderLand (part 2 to Cornelia Street)

⚠️️slight trigger warning
Abusive parenting
Talks about hitting children
Alcohol and drug use⚠️

I was running down the dirt road. Running away from what ever was chasing me. I saw a big tree smaller trees flashing past me as i ran a couple feet ahead to hide behind it. Not seeing where i was going i tripped. For what felt like hours i was falling.

Lizzie appeared next to me, holding on to my arm as tight as she could. Nothing was what it seemed, everything around was spinning out of control.

"Didn't they tell you don't rush into things?" I heard a voice call out. Lizzie then flashed her green eyes at me.

"Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?" A new voice added. With a thud we landed in an underground world. I was excited to be here, a new place to explore. Then i felt arms twisting around me keeping me from being able to move.

"Where am I!?" I called out no voice from before answering.

"We found wonderland, darling. You and i got lost in it." I looked over at Lizzie. What if this lasted for ever. I saw figures moving in the shadows away from us. I broke free of lizzie's grasp and ran towards it, her right behind me. To in love with the idea of being free i went on. Not caring about what was happening in the world around me. At last it felt like Lizzie and i were all alone. The only ones in this world.

People and animals all around started gathering around us, their what was once quite whispers turning to talking. Those talking turned to screams, as i looked down the dress i was wearing the night before had blood stains on it.

"DIDNT THEY TELL DONT RUSH THESE THINGS?!" The first voice again screamed in my ear. Green eyes staring into mine again. I finally calmed down after she flashed me her beautiful smile.

On the run again i felt like i was losing my mind. Down here in wonderland, that i got myself into. Running from my problems ins-

I woke up sweating frantically. I know what I needed to do. I wrote Lizzie a note saying that I'd be back in either a few days or hours. But either way not to wait for me I'm just clearing my head. I set it on my pillow so she would see it when she woke up. I grabbed my car keys and headed to my old family home in Ohio. The one i left at the age of 17 because of abusive parents.

After 6 hours, i finally arrived and knocked on the door as loud as i could. I knew my father was home cause his truck is parked in the yard.

"What! What do you want?" I heard someone yell from inside.

"Billy i need to talk to you." I said calmly. He opened the door looking pissed that he lost his punching bag 4 years ago. He raised his fist laughing. Thinking i would flinch. When I stood there he looked even more mad.

"What do you want." He took a swig of his beer. His words slightly slurred.

"I'm tired of running from my problems and i wanna try and make things right."

"Nothing was ever bad you walked out of MY HOUSE WITH NO REASON WHAT SO EVER!" I saw him clench his fist at his side.

"I left because you would tell and hit me. You used me to get to your drugs. You were DESPERATE YOU ALMOST SOLD MY SISTER! FOR DRUGS. You don't think that's shitty parenting?!" I yelled trying not to wake my siblings knowing their asleep.

"I fought my anxiety coming back to this place and I'm not leaving till you learn to respect me and give me my siblings before i call the police." I stared with my fist clenched at my side ready to fight.

"You don't have anxiety, your too young. I'm pretty sure you haven't even graduated highschool yet." He stated as he started walking away from the door.

"I did, top of my class matter of fact. Can I please get my brother and sister and leave." I said getting more frustrated that he's not answering my questions.

"KAYLEE, PEYTON! PACK YOUR SHIT YOUR LEAVING!" Billy yelled down the steps to the basement.

They came upstairs with a small amount of clothes and nothing else. We headed out to my car and i asked if they had a car seat or anything like that considering they were 6. Of course they didn't so i sat them in the back seat and buckled them up, and started heading back to new York.

"Where are we going?" Kaylee the youngest twin asked. I looked both ways before turning onto the main road before answering their questions.

"Where going to my home in new York. And in the morning I'm taking both of you shopping. And we are gonna do whatever you guys want." I turned and smiled lightly at them. About three hours into the drive they both ended up falling asleep. So that left me about 3-4 hours of silence.

It was currently 9 in the morning and we finally arrived at mine and lizzies apartment. I carried the twins inside and setting them on the reclining sofas to sleep better.

"Where were you?" Lizzie asked as soon as she saw me walk through our bedroom door.

"Getting my sister and brother from my father." I said casually taking off my sweat pants to get in the shower before the twins wake up.

"You went without me?" She asked more like stated. Clearly mad making me wonder if i did the right thing.

"I had a 'dream' where i fell down a rabbit hole running from my fear. I didn't wanna do that anymore so i faced my fear and got my siblings from my father. And i wanna think i did the right thing." I stated walking into the shower Lizzie following behind me.

"Why didn't you bring me. I'm clearly supportive of your decision and would've beat his ass if he wouldn't have gave you those babies." She took off her pajamas and got in the shower behind me.

"I don't know, just hold me please?"

"Fine." She said wrapping her arms around my neck kissing the side of my head.

"I love you Lizzie. I'm sorry I didn't tell you where i was going." I put my head on her shoulder wrapping my arms around her waist.

"It's ok, love you too." She said, as i felt her smile.

The End.🏃🏼‍♀️