K. Nanami - Everything About You

The wind is calm, blowing across your face way more delicately then the noise potrays. The sound of it whips through dying branches of the nearby trees and filters through their leaves. It's dumb that even the wind seems to leave more of a mark then you ever have.

The porch you're sitting on is old, and is attached to your and Nanami's house that you've grown fond of the second you bought it with him. It was near a beach, yet still held a woodsy look which you admired.

You sigh, rocking back in the cushioned love seat and staring up at the cloudy sky. It was probably going to rain soon, judging by the distant thunder, but that didn't give you a reason to go inside just yet. It's not like you're avoiding going inside, you'd just prefer not to.

Recently, you've felt as if you've been sharing too much with Nanami. He's your husband, your whole life, but it feels as if you're suffocating him. He hasn't expressed anything alluding to that, yet it's been plaguing your thoughts.

He has always been good at reassuring you. At keeping your mind peaceful and happy. However, like the current weather, there is discomfort growing inside you that you've been masking with all your heart. It'll make it worse if you tell him this. He'll just be more hounded by your issues and your flaws.

You shake your head, eyes trailing along the path of trees circling around the back yard. The thunder seems even closer now, and it's loud enough to cover the sound of footsteps padding closer to you. In fact, you don't notice anything amiss until the shriek of the sliding door causes you to rise from your daydreaming.

When you look over to see Nanami peeking his head out from inside the house, you immediately relax your posture and send him a reassuring smile.

"Hey." You say, leaning back in the seat and pulling your legs up to stretch them over the rest of the small couch. Now you can face him with your legs out in front of you.

He walks fully out of the house, reaching back to slide the door shut behind him. "Hey. What are you doing out here still?"

"Admiring the trees and listening to the wind. I should write a nature documentary about this shit. It's riveting."

He smiles, walking over and pressing a kiss to your forehead while holding your cheek. When he stands up straight again, he moves in front of your legs and motions for you to lift them up. You do, and he sits down, pulling your legs back down and onto his lap.

This way, you can admire his side profile dead on. His untucked messy button down shirt, the glasses he only wears in front of you, the messy side part in his hair. He looks relaxed, and it's just about the opposite of what you feel right now.

"I'm going to make dinner soon," Nanami says, turning to face you and rubbing your ankle with his hand. "I'm thinking Italian, but it's up to you. Anything in particular that you're in the mood for?"

"Nah. You know what I like and don't like."

He scoffs. "Yeah, I know that for sure. You're usually pretty straightforward about that."

You almost laugh and say how correct your taste is, but you stop yourself last minute and shift your gaze away from him. This is one of those times where you feel like you're too overbearing. That you're too opinionated or burdening on him and what he wants to do. You need to stop that.

He seems to notice your switch in demeanor, and pulls his eyebrows together.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Why do dogs like humans?" You reply. "Like we're big and probably fucking weird as hell in their eyes."

"Well all they have to do is be quiet and cooperate if they want shelter and food and water. So it's probably for the benefits."