T. Inumaki - Not Alone

It's not that you thought that once you got to Jujutsu Tech that you would suddenly feel fine, but you at least expected to feel better.

You're still tortured with an empty mind and a harsh feeling of disconnect from your classmates. Even though you consider yourself easy to get along with, recently it feels impossible. Everything you do feels wrong or annoying and you can't get over the feeling of being a burden to everyone around you.

Never in your life has someone seen this pain that you deal with. It's always playing in the back of your mind like the Wii theme song but no one has ever been able to pin it down. Sometimes you selfishly want people to notice and care, but they never have.

Recently, these feelings of self doubt have been hitting you like a freight train, and you've been itching for a distraction. Nothing was working so far.

Taking a walk? Felt like there were eyes on you judging every move.

Taking naps? Fucked up dreams that worsen your fears and wake you up sweaty and gross.

Talking to someone? This one you felt like you'll never know. All the problems in your head are meant for you and you alone.

Until now.

Unbeknownst to you, Inumaki was noticing. He was seeing you grow farther into your shell. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was seriously wrong. Because of this, he decided to do everything in his power to comfort you.

First it was with gifts. Only little things like chocolates and jewelry. He asked Panda for help finding things that people like, and damn did he get an earful for that request. Toge thought that maybe these gifts would make you feel appreciated. Even though he didn't know exactly what was going on, he knew that making you trust him was top priority.

When that was met with uncertainty from you, he moved on to giving you notes and such. He would write inspiring, funny, or random little messages and leave them places for you to find. You actually liked this one but it slowly fizzled out because Yuji kept finding them and thinking Gojo made them for all the students to find.

Lastly, he thought to comfort you physically. Inumaki is a very touchy person, he likes being held, holding people, having hands ran through his hair, and holding hands. The reason he doesn't show it very often is because he doesn't want to come off as clingy, but in this case clingy is probably just what you need.

That night, he wandered over to your room and knocked on the door, hoping you would actually respond. After a couple minutes, you opened the door looking disheveled, with a very obvious fake smile plastered on.

Inumaki quickly takes in your appearance with a blank expression before darting forward and wrapping his arms around you, pushing his face into your neck. The force almost knocks you off your feet but even through your shock you find balance enough to keep you both upright. Looking down at the side of his face you ask, "Toge, what are you doing? Are you okay?" with a tilted head.

Sighing, he looks up from your neck and then pushes you back enough to close the door behind you. Still confused, you wait for him to say or write something. But his grip only tightens.

He was... really warm. Soft skin and featherlight hair tickling your neck. The smell of him drifting up to your nose. It was really nice. Finally, you felt like letting yourself go. You let out the breath you were holding and relax into his arms, holding him back as tight as you can. You feel him smile against your neck before firmly pushing you back until the back of your knees hit the bed and you tumbled backwards.

"Tuna tuna," He whispers from on top of you. He's sitting up on his elbows, face hovering above yours and his legs in between yours. He shifts your attention to the piece of paper he's holding in his hand and in response you reach up to grab it. After doing so, he lowers himself down so his face is back in your neck again, wrapping his hands under your waist.

You unfold it slowly, unsure what to expect. It reads:

"Y/N, I don't know exactly what you're going through but I want to help. I want to be here for you and I'm saying that because I truly want to. You've helped me through a lot of rough times and I consider you who I trust the most. If you let me, I want to be the one you trust most too. I don't want to pressure you into telling me, but at least let me hold you. It might be selfish of me because I just really want to hold you but... I want you to let it out. You're the person I care most about in this world and when you're upset like this it pains me as well. I love you. I want to say it outloud because that's what you deserve but I don't know if I'm ready for that. I mean it though. I love you I love you I love you. I can't imagine not loving someone like you, you are perfect, wonderful, and beautiful in every way. Please understand how much I care for you.

-Toge"

You stare at the piece of paper for a few minutes, not even comprehending what you're looking at, before tears start welling up in your eyes. You place a hand over your mouth and use the other arm to wrap around Inumaki and pull him onto his side so you can bury your face into his chest. He tightens his grip around you.

"Let it out." he mumbles.

At those words you finally let the dam completely break down, soaking his shirt in your tears. He runs his hands up and down your back, putting his legs around yours. As you nuzzle into him, he presses kisses onto the top of your head.

"I love you too Toge. Thank you."