T. Inumaki - No Words

(This is more from Inumaki's POV)

He hates himself.

He hates that he can't talk with you normally. How you're able to laugh with others easier. How he can't seem to show the right emotions at the right time.

Despite seeming pretty neutral to things, the weight of this incompetence weighs on him enough to make him want to claw his mouth out. He knows that he will never be who you want, and it pains him.

He'll see you out with Itadori, making him blush and loudly talking about god knows what, and he can just look at you with longing. Why did he have to be cursed with this? It messed him up before but now, after falling in love, he's realizing how horrible the curse truly is.

Despite all that hatred, seeing you spar with Maki on the field while he takes a break, smile shining and skin glowing, he can't help to be filled with happiness.

He knows that you'll never feel the same about him, he's just a nuisance to the world, but as long as you're smiling like that, he can be okay.

Almost as if his thinking summoned you, you decide to take a break and make your way over to him, where the water bottles are. Stretching along the way.

Wow. Okay that's a sight.

Your arms were pulled up, bringing a sliver of your stomach into the light. It was barely anything but it left Inumaki wide eyed. Everything about you was beautiful to him, even if you're sweaty from training.

As you approach him, he leans over and picks up your water bottle, handing it to you.

"Ah! Thanks Toge." You say, smiling at him. It's not like it means anything, you smile like that toward everyone. The thought made him look down and grimance. "Hey, are you okay man?" You ask, tilting to the side to try and get a view of his face.

Shaking his head, he puts on his usual expression and lifts his head, nodding at you.

Obviously, you're not buying it. One day he'll understand how you read him so well. You sit down next to him, a little too close for his sanity, and ask,

"I know something is wrong. You can't lie to me Inu."

God if he didn't know that already.

Sighing, he pulls out his phone and starts writing a message to you, trying to be as vague as possible.

'Just feel a bit down, don't know why.'

"I don't want to force you to tell me anything, but come on I know that's a lie." You reply verbally.

You stare at eachother for a couple minutes, almost testing the waters, until he ducks his head back down and writes another text.

'I can't explain it yet, I'm not ready for that. I just... really want to be by you right now. If that's okay.'

You frown at the message, looking up to see his eyes averted, staring straight ahead. He just can't look at you because everything will come spilling out and that would be a true disaster. Without saying anything, you scoot closer to him and lay a hand on his head, pushing it down gently on to your shoulder. Then you rest your head on top of his and lace your fingers together.

"I care about you a lot you know. I like being like this with you and I want you to understand that you mean the world to me. I would do so much just to keep you safe." His fingers tightened around yours. "Truth is, I honestly like you a lot, like more than a friend."

His eyes widen, "Salmon cod roe" he says, lifting his head off of yours. He hurridly drags his phone back out and starts typing again.

'Are you serious?'  He's looking at you with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth.

"No, I'm lying. Of course I'm serious idiot. I'm suprised you didn't notice earlier." You say jokingly, trying to get a response out of him that's not shock.

He bristles and looks back down to his phone.

'I may like you too, but don't call me an idiot. :('

You start giggling at that, falling backwards onto the grass. Toge leans over you, his pale hair illuminated by the setting sun behind him. Seeing you like this, pure sunshine splayed out before him, he realizes that maybe he wouldn't be completely content with just seeing you happy. After witnessing this he doesn't know if he'll ever feel this happy again.

You gaze up at him with a soft smile before it turns slightly devious. Before he can inquire about what you're thinking, you dart up and tap him on the top of the head, whispering a "you're it" before sprinting off.

In the second it takes him to comprehend what just happened, you already sprinted a good distance away. 'Well, two could play at that game' he thought, running after you.

Yeah he was on the shorter side but he was fast, and that really helped him now. You were fast as well but the euphoria he was feeling pushed his legs to different lengths, pushing him along to the point where he was quickly advancing on you.

Once he could hear your laugh he knew he had it in the bag, he decides to take a wager and jumps at you, tackling you to the ground.

"AH. What are you, a fucking football player? I guess you got me huh." Your skin was gleaming with joy as you look up at him pinning you down.

"Salmon." He said, and unzipped the collar of his jacket, leaning down to kiss you on the cheek. Your smile turned soft in response, openly staring up at his pretty face.

"I've always loved your mouth you know. I know you hate it and I get why but, it's beautiful." You reach up, running a finger over the marks and across his lips, "It's beautiful, and it's all I need. You're all I need."

He didn't even ever tell you what the problem was, but you still figured it out and hit it dead on the nail. He couldn't handle you, you're just too good.

Leaning down over you, he hesitates a second in case you want to move away but when you don't, he presses a deep kiss to your lips. You readily accept, sighing into it and weaving your hands into the base of his soft hair.

He tilts his head to the side and opens your lips with his tongue, moving the kiss deeper. You tasted wonderful, it was a dream to have you like this, under him and content.

After a couple minutes of casual kissing, he detaches from your lips, trailing kisses around your mouth and down your jaw and neck. You keep one hand on the back of his neck, securing him in place.

He dots your skin with kisses before pulling away, moving to lie down bext to you.

The sun is much lower in the sky now, painting the world a bright orange. It was everything he could ever ask for.

"You know, for someone who doesn't seem like he'd have a lot of experience, you're a damn good kisser." You tease, still staring at the sky.

Pulling out his phone, he writes one last text.

'Did you forget. You're it.'

With that, he jumps up like you had earlier, and runs with all his might knowing that you would always be there running after him.

(I know Inu means dog in Japanese but it's a cute nickname so deal with it.)