8 - 面

Y/N was trying to go on as if nothing had happened

Y/N was trying to go on as if nothing had happened. She was really trying not to take it to heart that Shouta wanted to wait and figure things out before starting a relationship with her. It made sense and she absolutely understood where he was coming from. But it still kind of hurt.

Y/N knew that was something she'd have to deal with by herself. So she tried to keep going like everything was as usual. Because that was the plan, right? That night... that night had never happened. They were just friends again, just like in old times. Only that Y/N missed Shouta. She missed his embraces, she missed feeling so safe with him around, she missed him looking at her like she was the best thing that had ever happened to him. But she couldn't complain.

The only thing she could do was to keep her head up and take it all somehow until Shouta had made some sort of decision. But with every single passing day it was getting more and more difficult. Sometimes Y/N wondered whether Shouta was even thinking about what he was going to do. Sometimes she wondered whether that was just some excuse he had made, because he wanted her to leave out of her own free will. And it became more and more difficult to tell herself that Shouta would never do something like that. After all, how long had she known him?

It wasn't that long and there was no way to figure out whether he was lying to her or not. There was absolutely no way to find out. And Y/N was basically trapped here, because she had nowhere else to go. She just hoped that he'd tell her what was going on soon. And no matter how sympathetic Y/N was about what had happened with him and his wife... she still hoped that he'd decide to stay with her.

At the same time she hated herself for how selfish she was being. If Shouta would be happier trying to get back with his wife, who was she to stand in the way of that? But if he decided he didn't want her... Y/N had no idea what to do or where to go. She doubted that Shouta would want her to stay here if he decided to stay with his wife. But then she'd have no job, no place to live - nothing.

All of that was weighing heavily on Y/N's mind. She tried to think of something else, she tried to ignore her feelings for Shouta, but it just didn't work. She'd have breakfast in the morning with Shouta and they'd laugh together and Y/N would forget about everything for a while, but then - when she was really happy - she'd feel that same pain in her chest again, knowing that all of this could be over any day.

She just wished that Shouta would hurry up and make a decision. Her mood had been consistently declining over the past few weeks and this just made it all so much worse. Y/N had no idea what to do or how to handle the situation. All she could do was try to smile through it and hope for the best, but it just... it just wouldn't work half the time. The only thing that would work was for Y/N to distract herself by doing even more work than before. She was up on her feet 24/7 at this point.

And today it was particularly busy again, which was good. It was a good distraction from everything, so Y/N didn't even mind that much. She was glad that she had something else she could focus on for a while. So she tried to keep her head in check by just focussing on what she was doing.