|41| The Day I Fell For You

Start from the beginning

"But how did you even-?"

"Remember I met the Sonic Ninja director at the movie's premiere?" You grinned, the corners of Karma's lips tugging into a smirk. "So I thought you might like having the copies signed," you continued as you got off of him and sat up straight. "And they're the limited edition ones," you grabbed one of the comics and began flipping through the pages. "Oh but now that I think about it, you probably already have them," you stopped yourself as you slouched down in your seat, the realization of it leaving you quite downcast. "Ah geez! I should have checked before and-"

"You worry too much," Karma interrupted you, a small, amused smile tugging the corners of his lips. "Besides, I only have the first number, the rest I borrowed from Nagisa-kun back in second year," he chuckled. "So stop rambling, I like your gift," he ruffled your hair.

"You-You do," you perked up, a big smile plastered all over your face.

"Why wouldn't I? It was a pretty thoughtful gift and you even went through the trouble of contacting the director," he shrugged.

"Phew, I was so worried," you sighed in relief, the tension in your shoulders releasing. "For a minute there, I thought I had messed up," you managed to say in between yawns.

"Geez you can be so dramatic sometimes," he chuckled and teasingly flicked your nose.

He then proceeded to lazily plop down on the bed, his back hitting the mattress and, in one swift motion, he grabbed your wrist and brought you with him.

"Really? You're going to sleep now?" You sweatdropped as you wriggled in his clutch.

"What's so wrong with taking a nap?" He laughed and closed his eyes.

"Nothing's wrong with it," you shrugged your shoulders in an unbothered manner. "It's just that I thought the great Akabane Karma deemed sleep for the weak," you teased.

"I don't remember saying that," he hummed, a small smirk tugging the corners of his lips as he slowly opened his eyes to look at you.

"Oh really?" You arched an eyebrow.

"Yup."

"Pfft if you say so," you rolled your eyes.

"Why are you so worked up over a nap?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "Did you want to do something else?" He opened one eye and flashed you a teasing smile which had your face going a deep shade of red.

"Wha-What?!"

"I mean, why else would you be so bothered about it?" He continued teasing you.

"You-You're just-! I-I wasn't-!" You began. "I just thought you would want to do something more interesting on our first date!" You were finally able to form a coherent sentence as your face managed to cool down a little bit.

Karma laughed loudly at your awkwardness as you just sat there speechless. When his laughter finally died down, he flashed you a cocky smirk and said, "I would say I'm sorry for short circuiting your brain but I've been told not to lie."

"Why you little-!" You began to say but you were quickly shut up by a kiss.

"Just kidding~" he grinned cheekily as he pulled away.

"Dammit Akabane," you cursed under your breath.

Karma simply laughed at your reaction and proceeded to lie back down. Sighing in defeat, you followed his example and laid beside him. Honestly, though you weren't going to say it outloud and give him the satisfaction, it was quite nice getting to close your eyes. You were a bit tired. Last night you had some trouble sleeping so it was nice to rest.