please

Jay was sat staring at Abbie the next day just praying that she'd wake up, he can't take this waiting around any longer, it's killing him inside more and more every day.  He took a deep sigh and looked down for a second, that's it, just a second, but he was soon brought back into reality by the sound of shuffling coming from her bed.  He snapped his head up to see her hand tapping the bed, "Abs? Woah okay, okay, Abbie c'mon open your eyes for me..." he placed a hand on her cheek and let his eyes well up with tears. He could see her eyes closing again, "no no no, please" he brushed her cheek with his thumb.

Abbie knew it was jay who was begging her to stay away so she fought with all her might to fully open her eyes, "there you go, hey, you're okay..." he laughed in shock as a stray tear ran off his cheek and fell to the floor. She let her pupils adjust to the bright lights as jay ran off to go find someone, "I need Will Maggie!" He nodded. Maggie turned around and nodded back, "on it" she smiled hopefully and paged the other halstead down to the ED.  Will came running down and bolted into abbies room as he saw jay comforting his injured girlfriend, "Abbie I'm gonna sit you up a bit okay?" He shone a flash light in her eyes to see how they reacted to light and they were looking good.

Abbie didn't say anything, she just let will raise her bed so she was in a more comfortable posting before he removed the breathing tube from her throat. She had a mini coughing fit as the brothers helped her calm down again.  Jay placed a hand behind her head and smiled, "hi honey, you're okay" he smiled and nodded.  She looked up at him with her pale face and blank eyes and nodded, she didn't have any energy to speak but she knew she was safe now.  Will smiled, "are you feeling any pain?" He leant on the side of the bed.  Abbie shook her head and smiled weakly, "good, I'm really glad you're okay" he placed a hand on her shoulder as she smiled at him.  He left the pair alone for a while, "I thought I lost you..." jay planted a gentle kiss on her hair.  She didn't have any energy so she just grabbed his hand and placed a small kiss on it before holding it on her chest, "I love you so much" he squeezed her hand.  She smiled and nodded, "I love you too..." she managed to whisper out.

Hank stood in the doorway of abbies hospital room, about an hour of her waking up, to see jay making her laugh and smile, "hey you" he finally walked toward his daughter, maybe her dating jay wouldn't be as bad as he thought. Abbie looked up and smiled, "hi" she accepted his hug. Hank smiled and looked up at jay who had a grateful expression on his face, "how you feeling?" He grabbed her hand. Abbie nodded, "fine" she smiled. Hank laughed, "you'd say that even if you were on a bed of nails" he smiled. Abbie laughed as jay nodded, "you can say that again" jay laughed. Abbie smiled, "did I miss anything?" She smirked at them both.

                     Jay laughed, "nothing much but the bullpens been a little too quiet" he smiled, hank could see how much jay really loved his daughter and it made him happy.  Hank smiled, "just a bit" he laughed.  Abbie nodded, "get me out of here" she groaned.  They both shook their heads, "not happening" hank raised his eyebrows.  Abbie sighed, "but you know I hate hospitals" she smirked.  Jay nodded, "says the one who made me stay on the couch for a week after being shot in the shoulder" he raised an eyebrow.  Abbie laughed, "fair enough" she nodded.  Both of them smiled, knowing she was safe and alive Ashe best thing in the world...