Im in control

*one month later*

                 After a long shift at work the unit decided to go to mollys, only this time Abbie decided to get a beer.  As Hermann gave her the bottle jay noticed she was having a drink not just lemonade or something, "I thought you didn't drink?" He whispered to her since he was the only one in the unit who knew about her past, well, most of it.  Abbie smiled up at him, "I'm in control, besides if it gets too much I can just bin it" she tilted her head.  Jay smiled, "or you could give it to me" he raised his eyebrows, Abbie laughed, "or that" she nodded. 

                   The group sat down at a table and like usual jay and Abbie were on the outsides of the stools, they were chatting away and laughing like usual.  "I'm not like that, my body count is low Kev. Besides what's that quote Kim kardashian said once..." Kim tilted her head in thought.  Abbie looked at her, "nude selfies till I die..." she smiled.  Kim looked at her weirdly, "no abs, not that one. I think it was something like I have to be in a relationship in order to be intimate, I'm not a one night stand kinda girl" she raised her eyebrows.  Abbie tilted her head, "I mean they're both wise..." she tilted her beer glass.  The rest of the unit were laughing but when she looked back at jay he was just smiling at her, "what?" She laughed.  Jay shrugged his shoulders, "nothing" he smiled.  Abbie narrowed her eyes at him playfully then laughed and turning her attention back to Kim and Kevin's debate. 

                   They were chatting about random stuff when someone caught abbies eye as they were walking into the bar, she moved her head around jay to get a better look at them.  She groaned to herself since she hated him which made jay furrow his brows, "you okay?" He smiled.  Abbie nodded and sat up straight in attempts to ignore the man but he was already walking over to her.  The man smiled at Abbie and stood at the end of the table, he had caught the whole units attention.  He was tall, muscular and had Sandy blonde hair with blue eyes, "I didn't know you were back in Chicago" he screwed up his face at Abbie. 

                  Abbie sighed and kept her eyes away from his gaze, "didn't think you'd care" she shrugged her shoulders.  The man scoffed, the whole unit were confused by now, "what so you're working here now?" He raised his eyebrows.  Abbie nodded, "I am, have you got a problem with that?" She still avoided eye contact with him still.  Jay could see the anger in her eyes but stayed quiet, "you wanna do this here?" The man scoffed.  Abbie shook her head, "jake you were the one who walked over to us..." she rolled her eyes.  Jake sighed, "well I thought I'd try be nice but you're clearly being a bitch so..." he looked at the rest of the unit.  Abbie scoffed and looked up at him, anger flooded her eyes, "I wasn't the one who decided to sleep with another person when I was gone, so I have every right to be a bitch" she looked at him as if she wanted to kill him. 

                    Jake rolled his eyes, "We've already talked about this, you were gone, you left, you weren't there for me..." he started but Abbie cut him off.  Jay was looking at his partner in confusion he had no clue who this Jake was but he sounded like a complete idiot.  Abbie laughed, "I was there for you in your darkest times, i was there for you in your darkest nights. But I wonder where were you? When I was at my worst down on my knees. Probably with some other girl, who knows? Who cares..." she looked back to jay and took a sip from her beer.  Jake scoffed, "you know fine well that Im the one you want" he shifted his weight to his other foot.  Abbie laughed and shook her head before looking up at him with no emotion, "what makes you sure you're all I need? Forget about it. There's the door" she tilted her head towards the door to mollys bar. 

                 Jake shook his head and scoffed before turning around and walking out of mollys, Abbie shook her head and finished off the rest of her beer.  Jay and the rest of the unit were looking at her in confusion, "another one bites the dust..." she sighed quietly.  Kevin raised his eyebrow, "who was that guy and what was his problem?" He asked the question they all wanted to know.  Abbie sighed and looked at him, "that's my ex, he's just a manipulative prick" she raised an eyebrow.  Rojas sighed, "ex?" She looked at her.  Abbie slowly nodded and played with the wrapper on the beer bottle, "yeah, we met at the academy then we started dating a few months later. He found out I got a job offer in LA and went ape shit crazy, he turned manipulative so I dropped him, I wasn't taking his bullshit" she sighed.  They all nodded in approval, "you good?" Jay said quietly to her since he could feel her bouncing her leg up and down under the table.  She looked up at him and nodded, "he just pisses me off" she shrugged her shoulders, he smiled at her and nodded.

                   The rest of the night went back to being laughter and chatter but jay could tell that this Jake guy had ruined her mood since she sat with her chin in her hands ever since he left.  "Are you sure you're okay?" He nudged her leg.  Abbie smiled, "yeah I'm fine" she nodded. Jay smiled and nodded back before they chatted for a little while longer.  "I'm just not lucky with men, never have been" rojas laughed.  Abbie smiled, "me neither babes, me neither" she laughed.  Jay was staring at her, he had no clue how a girl like her wasn't married by now, she's just perfect in every way possible.  They all decided to head home at 11:30pm and call it a night.

*yes I did just quote maroon 5, Billie eilish, and Kim k*