Thats something i can live with

*one week later*

Jay found a nice apartment a few days ago and he finalised it all so it was now his, he moved into it yesterday so now they were no longer roommates. Abbie was sat at her desk in the bullpen as hank strolled along the middle of the aisle, "you're all on call today, no case" he sighed and wandered into his office.  They all stood up and grabbed their jackets and radios before wandering outside, they took jays car and pulled up on the side of the road a few blocks away from the district, "how's the new place?" She smiled.  Jay laughed, "it's nice, cozy at least" he smiled.  Abbie nodded and looked back out to the road.

                 They were sat chatting for a while until a kid caught her eye, "hey look, what's she doing out here alone?" Abbie sat up straight and opened the car door, she got out as jay followed suit, "hey sweetie, where's your parents?" She crouched down and grabbed the child's arms, the kid looked at her in worry but said nothing, "one second let me just..." she stood up and looked at the name tag on the back of her shirt, "hi Abbie, that's my name too. Can you tell me where you came from? Do you live over there?" She smiled.  The kid said nothing but looked at her in fear, "is she hurt?" Jay looked down at his partner, Abbie checked over the kid, "doesn't look like it" she looked up at him, "how about you come and sit in this car okay?" Abbie grabbed her hand and walked her over to the car.  She put the child in the back and jay locked the door so she was safe when they would move around. 

                  "She came from the corner..." Abbie pointed to the end of the road, jay nodded and the pair ran over to see what was going on.  When they got to the end of the road there was a shot fired from inside the building, "50-21 Henry, send back up to our location now" jay spoke into his radio as Abbie kicked down the door and stepped inside with her gun raised, "clear" she called out from the living room, "you take the stairs, I'll check the rest" jay waved her off.  She nodded and ran upstairs, "clear" Abbie shouted from upstairs.  She walked downstairs to see jay in the kitchen holding someone's bullet wound, "he fled out the back" jay looked over to the door which was open.  She stepped over the pair and raised her gun outside but there was no sign of anyone, "this is detective Davis requesting an ambo to our location" she spoke into her radio then crouched down to the floor to help jay.

                  "So what happened?" Hank walked over to the partners as he landed on the scene, "we saw the little girl walking by herself so we took her in and went to see where she came from, that's when we heard the gunshot and entered the house" Abbie sighed.  Hank nodded, "did you see the offender?" He looked at jay, he shook his head and frowned, "no he ran off before I could cuff him, the victims going to med now" he informed.  Hank nodded, "alright, her crime lab to swab for any prints" he waved them off.

                 Back at the district they were all making a timeline on the board, "Sarge we've got a possible hit on the suspect" Kim called out.  Hank walked out, "alright Davis, Halstead snatch him up" he waved them off.  Abbie and jay nodded then ran out of the bullpen.  "That's him" Abbie pointed to a man walking out of a store.  Jay nodded and the pair got out, "David Sanchez, Chicago PD. You're under arrest for the murder of a 18 year old boy" jay sighed as the pair got closer to him.  David panicked and ran off into an alley way, "stop running!" Jay shouted as he jumped a fence to follow him.  Abbie wasn't as tall as jay and the fence was broken so she had to run the long way around which meant she lost eyes on the pair.

                   She ran around the side of the building and into an alley to find jay pinning the suspect down, "you have the right to remain silent" jay sighed and dragged him off the floor.  Abbie saw them getting closer to her but she also saw a group of boys she knew all too well, it was a bunch old friends she used to know but they got themselves in trouble and fell into violence.  She looked at them in suspicion before they fled the scene in a hurry, "let's go" jay looked at her, Abbie snapped out of it and nodded before they drove back to the district and put David in an interrogation room.