『chapter』 『⁸²』

jⷯeⷭnⷦoⷮ

the week went too quickly for anyone's liking

the week went too quickly for anyone's liking. now his stomach was churning with nervousness as he anticipated the race later that evening.

he was still looking over the message from the unknown number. it was increasing his nerves, whether to take it seriously or not.

how many people had called heloise their eternal star? loads of people, he guessed optimistically. he didn't want to assume the worst.

or the most supernatural.

"heloise, i have a question." donghyuck began and she nodded, not looking up from her phone games.

"how come, when we registering for the race, there were some auto generated names there. were they your team before? aeri, ahnjong, nahyun and?.. estelle, i think?"

her breath stuck in her throat, and he could see the way she become just a little less comfortable.

"sorry if you-"
"yeah, they were my team."

jeno was shocked that she even agreed to answer. she was never very open with them. not like this at least.

but he felt as though she shouldn't have. answering the question seemed to open a door that shouldn't have been opened. touch a nerve that should've stayed hidden.

"are you-"
"im fine, yeah, they were my team. in fact, before you ask, let me tell you, they all died. on the same day, a day like this. during a race. and i had to finish the race alone. i miss them. i can't race without them."

she wiped her damp cheeks but it didn't do anything. the tears fell again and wetted her red cheeks. she left the room whilst choking on a sob, and he followed her quietly.

"heloise, what's going on? you know you're not forced to share anything you're not ready to share."

he wrapped her in a hug but she stepped out of it, shaking her head lightly.
"im sorry, i just- i'm scared. everything feels like a nightmare, like a past memory haunting me but it's real life. and im scared."

"do you think you shouldn't do the race then? i don't want you to get hurt because of me." 

☎️

hmmm hmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yup that's it ( lol i keep on mistyping yup as yuo and now im wondering where she went to )