『chapter』 『⁴⁸』

jͮeͨnⷥoͪ

he cornered her by stepping towards her, trapping her with his hands either side of her waist

he cornered her by stepping towards her, trapping her with his hands either side of her waist. she couldn't escape.

the others in the room got the hint immediately.
"oh my god, would you look at that," jaemin began, "we've run out of cereal."

"jaemin. you're holding a box right now." heloise tried anything to get out of the situation.
"no, no im not. you're just high." he immediately dropped the box of cereal into the rubbish bin beside him.
"hey that was my favourite."
"exactly why im going to buy more."

donghyuck pressed his phone to his ear even though it hadn't rung.
"oh, oh god- the stocks- really? im on my way." he turned to heloise with a feigned apologetic look on his face, "sorry, business emergency. the issues of the rich man, you know."

and with that he took off after jaemin. renjun stood there, thinking of what he could make up.
"jun, save me please."

he acted as though he had just had a eureka moment, as his mouth widened over dramatically and his eyes lit up.
"pleeeaaassee?" she begged again, and he looked her dead in the eyes and uttered some words in chinese.

heloise had watched enough chinese shows to know the the sentence he had said made no sense. "i'll shanghai him, if he shanghai you" made no sense whatsoever. and she sighed helplessly as renjun ran out of the room, into one of the bedrooms, possibly to look for his jumping bumblebee water.

"jeno... so... what do you need?"
she looked up at him innocently, hoping he would forget whatever he was angry about.

"you know, i was really fucking worried about you," he began, "like very worried. i thought something really bad had happened like you had died or something. i was never going to get over it. even worse your whole house was on fire. then you just disappeared and decided to do whatever the fuck stupid thing you did. whether it was drinking or smoking or whatever, but sena was upset about what you said you know. and she just wants to help you, addictions are no joke so you have to stop pretending like its within your control-"

she pushed her lips against his mouth without pausing to think of what she was actually doing. even after she had done it and pulled away, her mind refused to register any panic or anxiousness.

"you're a lot cuter when you're flustered than when you're angry."

☎️

☎️

i did lot of research on chinese homonyms for this one, why was it impossible to find the one i wanted?
this is why i need my mandarin teacher, i can't do this anymore