『chapter』 『³⁹』

jⷬeⷪnͧoͯ

"did you find the person or not?" "i did but

"i did but..."

donghyuck's mind wandered back to his encounter with the mystery man they were chasing.

"he got away?.." jeno guessed correctly. well not exactly correctly, but as accurate as the younger was willing to let on.

"where's heloise?"
"she... erm, i think her dad was there."
"and you just let her go?"
"what else was i supposed to do? she told me to go."

donghyuck huffed at the fact that jeno was making it seem as though it was his fault. it wasn't.

jeno looked down at his phone, and noticed a message from heloise's number:

if hyuck comes back without me don't blame him or anything.
i got stuck in a situation and im trying to get out of it.
i'll message you again if i need help.

he sighed and placed his phone down on the empty passenger's seat, donghyuck still sitting at the back.

"what are we going to do now?"
"well... heloise said she's fine for now, so we might as well drive back."

there was a brief silence which was then filled with yet another question,
"wait but where are we going to though?"
"well you see, about that... the place doesn't really have a name."

traffic started to emerge as the journey became increasingly longer and longer due to delay. jeno's phone buzzed just as the light turned from red to green, and he asked donghyuck if he would reach over and get it.

"it's from heloise by the way."
"what does it say?"
"lemme check...

oh, uhm, this isn't good. she said she didn't know what else to do and she might've just done a very terrible thing."

"

🧐👀