『chapter』 『⁴⁹』

hͯeⷬlͬoͥiⷯsͤeⷡ

"fuck me then i guess

"fuck me then i guess."
she groaned, still thinking over what she had done an hour ago.

"but did you actually just like... do it?"
"yes, renjun, i just did it! and i don't fucking know why and now im panicking because he's going to think it means something that it doesn't mean."
"what does it mean then?"

she thought for a little. after... ahem, she and jeno were a bit flustered to stay in the same room as one another, and she apologised quickly and left, stuttering as she came back to her senses.

"that i wanted to shut him up?"
"but you've never kissed me when you wanted me to shut up."
"because strangling is a little more fun."
"that's some k-"

she shot him a look which caused him to quieten down, linking their arms as they walked down the desolate ghost lane.

"why did you even want to go on this walk, heloise?"
"to catch up of course!"
he knew that was a big fat lie, but he wouldn't argue or delegate it.

"how're your team doing?"
a twang in her heart played for a second, reverberating painfully inthe form of a sad wince as she remembered.
"oh god- im so sorry. why didn't you say anything?"

"you were going through bigger things. i didn't want to burden you with my issues."
"hey, you'll never be a burden to me, you flavourless bubblegum piece of shit. rant to me whenever you want, i'll listen. you can talk about it now if you want."

she paused for a second. she hadn't really spoken much about that day unless it was to sena. she didn't like remembering it, but even more recently, it was inevitable.

"they fucking told me, don't race on an injury, you'll slow the team down. but i was being stubborn. it was going to be our what, three month anniversary or something like that. i just wanted to get something for her, and obviously the best way to get money was to race. but i was fucking injured, i should've just done anything else. anything apart from running."

the older exhaled gently in the gentle breeze of the bright early morning, already knowing where the story was headed.
"so what happened then?"

"what happens to the teams who are too slow?"

☎️

what does happen to the teams who are too slow?