『chapter』 『⁶⁹』

hͥeⷬlͥoⷨiͯsͬeⷴ

"jeno, help."
"yes, hello, what am i helping with?"

heloise tapped her foot and played with her fingernails as if she was debating whether she should ask or not.

"i don't know what to wear. like i only bought sweatshirts and jogging bottoms and whatever."

he laughed a little under his breath, of course she didn't know what to where. his laughter made her embarrassed as she flushed.

"you know what, i'll just ask yuo instead."
"she's already gone to work, i'm your only hope."

heloise rolled her eyes.

"so you were saying you don't know what to wear? wear the dress then."
"no."
"why not?"

by the way she took a deep breath before beginning he already knew it was going to be a long monologue of words that were not true.

"because my legs are too weird to walk outside with them like that and the dress makes my waistline look weird and idk, i look like a four year old in it."

she tapped her feet together and puffed out her cheeks.

"look like a four year old then, four year olds are cute and you're my four year old."
her deadpan expression told him that his encouragement hadn't had the intended effect.
"heloise. you'll be fine, it's not like it's a date or anything. i don't care, you look pretty in everything."

"thank you."

she whispered lowly, as though his compliments had made her throat stop working. he was so sweet to her, in a way that it made her want to sing out with joy and love. but she wouldn't.

or she couldn't. because it didn't feel right. to love anyone after- after the other things. so all she could say was that:

"thank you."

☎️

☎️

MARK BLACK HAIR WHAT?!?!?? MISTER MAN WHAT- like ik he said he was gonna do it but i was so confused, like i didn't look at the picture properly I only looked a the messages and he was like, oh i have something to show u and then he said congrats to his scalp or whatever and i was like what did ur scalp do and then i looked at the picture again and his hair was suddenly BLACK

Side note tho bubble is definitely making my korean better bcs i haven't practiced in ages but like i try my best now not to use like the translate button and whatever