Chapter 3: Guard Training

*Rose's POV*

I followed North and Jack into the dining room and sat down. On the table were piles and piles of food. Way too much for a simple breakfast. I quickly began feeling overwhelmed. I ended up sitting between Bunny and Jack. Across from me were North and Tooth. At one end of the table was Sandy, and the other end was a yeti. He must be a pretty important yeti to not be building toys with the others. 

I stopped observing everyone, suddenly remembering my hunger. I looked at the table and was reminded of the vast amounts of food filling it up. 

"Don't worry, it'll all be gone when we leave. North eats it all most of the time. Just take the stuff you like right away so he doesn't get to it." Bunnymund whispered in my ear. So that's why there's so much food everywhere. I grabbed a piece of toast, a coupe strawberries, and some hash browns. I then grabbed a coffee mug and filled it with hot chocolate. Wow. This place has the best stuff. 

"So, Jack. We were talking and we realized we aren't really doing anything today. The yetis and elves are packing the sleigh with toys, and there's really not much for us to do, well except for Tooth and Sandy. So we were thinking that we could start Guard training today, right after breakfast. Of course Tooth will have to miss out and Sandy will stay for half, but North and I can help ya through it. Sound okay, Mate?" said Bunny while focusing on his food. 

"Sounds fine. It can't be that hard of a challenge, can it?" Asked Jack in reply.North and Bunny started laughing. Tooth was too focused on telling her fairies where to go to pay attention to the conversation. Sand on the other hand actually gave Jack an answer. Symbols and signs were flying pretty mucha t the speed of light above Sandy's head.

"Sorry Sandy. I still can't tell what you're saying." said Jack sorrowfully. I read all of Sandy's signs and understood completely.

"Jack, he said it will probably be the greatest challenge you will face." I translated to him.

"Yeah Mate. This won't be some easy task you can breeze through. This could take a while to master completely. " Bunny informed. North nodded along in agreement.

"Remember, today will be the worst. Only because the hardest thing to master must be overcome first, in case and danger arises." North added. I nodded my head but Jack's face looked scared. I felt sorry for him, knowing that today would hurt him a lot. 

"It'll be okay Jack. You'll be fine." I tried to reassure him. Maybe if I'm super nice to him or whatever, he wil stop disliking me so much. He looked over at me and started to smile back, but then stopped, as if remembering something. Then he looked away and went back to eating.

Breakfast soon got over and North led us to the underground Guard training arena. I was huge. So big, I don't think I could see the other end. I'm not sure how far underground it is, but I know that the ceiling is pretty high up. There were different landscapes throughout the whole place. There was a frozen wasteland, a desert, a forest. Heck, I think that's a freaking mountain over there. In the middle is a clearing made of brown dirt and short grass. 

"Alright. Jack stand here. Stay and don't do anything until we are in that safety room over there, just for precautions. We have to get Rose to her position and then we can begin. Sound good?" explained North. He placed Jack in the middle of the clearing and we nodded in agreement to his question.

"Wow, this oughta be a sight. I wish I had a video camera right now." said Bunnymund.

"Shove it, Bunny." Jack replied.

"Okay. Just so you know, the safe word is red. That is only for Rose's use. There is no safe word for you Jack because you need to be trained. Get it." He explained to both of us. We both nodded once again.