Chapter 15: Forgiveness is Key

** Felicity's POV**

I"ve been told we can't leave the warren. That's fine by me. This spring weather is great. I've had a blast running around with the eggs and laughing at the giant egg guards. I think I annoy them, but they look happy overall, so it's all good. 

I skipped around a corner to find my new friends fighting. It was over some guy named Jack. A guy I didn't know. I looked over to the big tree that was located in the center of the hideout. On a branch that was pretty high was the girl I saw earlier. Her white was blowing and she was swinging her legs back and forth, yet she still looked sad. 

I padded my bare feet on the wet spring ground below and scaled up the tree to her. My small frame and 5'3" height allowed me reach where she was in seconds. I quietly tip toed over to her and sat beside. I know she knew I was there, but she said nothing. She didn't even more her gaze away from whatever it was she was staring at.

"Hi. I'm Felicity." I smiled, holding out my hand for her to take. She only glanced at it and looked away. Being the stubborn person I am, I held out my hand further for her to take. She groaned in reply and shook my hand. 

"Analee Rose. You can call me just Rose, though." My hand remained in hers as yellow sparkles fell around her head. 

"Well, Just Rose. It's been a pleasure meeting you." I said. She laughed in return. It was rather loud laughter compared to her previous quiet state. The shouting heard below ceased and suddenly Tooth flew up from pretty much thin air.

"Did I hear you laugh? Are you finally feeling happy again?" Tooth asked Rose with excited and concern written all over her face. I removed my hand from Just Rose's and the smile faded from her face.

"No, Tooth. Go away." she grumbled. Tooth's excitement faltered and her eyes grew sad as Just Rose returned to her previous state. 

"How long has Just Rose been sad? What's wrong? Can we make you happy?" I asked, smiling at her. She giggled slightly and looked at me.

"My name is Rose, not Just Rose." she said in amusement. I giggled at my mistake and apologized. 

"It's official, Rose will spend every waking minute with Felicity! Sorry Bunny, but Rose needs her!" Tooth shouted happily. 

"That's fine!" shouted Bunny from below. I smiled down at them, grabbed Rose's hand, and we slowly made our way from the tree. 

I kept walking with her for a while. We were talking about many things, well mostly I would talk and Rose would just listen. She doesn't seem like a very happy person. I'm not sure why because no one will tell me. 

Soon I noticed that the footsteps of Rose walking beside me stopped, and when I turned she wasn't there anymore. I simply shrugged my shoulders and kept walking. Rose seems to like her alone time. I guess I'll just leave her be.

As I continued exploring the place we were at, I came across a small pond near the back. It was shaded by a willow tree. Honestly the perfect place to sit and rest. I took a seat on a big gray rock and let my feet hang lazily in the water. I heard a twig snap by the base of the tree and my head shot up.

There was a boy leaning against the tree. He was dressed in almost all black. His hair was black, his eyes were black, and even the long staff thing he was carrying was black. He looked a little out of place, but new friends are good friends, right?

I shot up and walked over to him.

"Hi! My name is Felicity. What's yours?" I asked in a happy tone. 

"My name is Jack. Have the others told you about me?" he asked. I shook my head.

"They haven't really told me much, but that's ok. They'll tell me everything at some point, and I'll understand eventually." I replied. He smirked back at me, as if he knew something I didn't. Suddenly I didn't feel at ease around Jack. I started to get nervous and started hearing the others shouting for me in the distance.