Chapter 9: Does Love Conquer All?

**Rose's POV**

Jack jumped down from his place on his tree stump pedestal. His eyes were dark and he was smirking at the fact that the Master had chosen him to kill me. 

"How, Master?" asked Jack. 

"However you please." the Master replied, sitting in his chair. Pitch and Iris watched. All three of them were fully aware of what would happen to Jack when I died, yet none of them stopped him. I backed up and raised my hands in surrender, hoping he wouldn't actually do anything.

"Jack, please stop." I begged. And then a thought occurred to me. "Jack! Please! You're scaring me!" Jack stopped walking and held his hand to his head in pain. The old Jack had training for this, but this Jack had no training whatsoever.

"Stop with the headaches. Stop!" he shouted back. He lowered his hand as the pain lessened. He kept walking and got closer and closer, he started to raise his staff and my mind was blank for things to do. My fear only kept him occupied for seconds. Think... think..!

(que short flashbacks)

"No, I know the consequences. I'm just not afraid of them. Ever heard of the phrase 'love conquers all'?"

"He doesn't remember you, Rose. He doesn't even know your name."

"Oh come on Jack. How can you not remember? The stars on the ceiling. The training. The necklace."

(end flashbacks)

Suddenly, I knew what to do, but I literally had seconds. 

I reached out and grabbed Jack's black hoodie and pulled him towards me. His yellow eyes decreased the intensity they held and his face was filled with surprise as I connects my lips to his. The sparks buzzed and I felt a whoosh of cold wind around me. My emotions were ranging from scared to relieved to even just the feeling of missing him.

He backed away first, but not much about him had changed. In fact, it was only his hair that became white again and his eyes that were gray again and no longer a frightening yellow. 

"Jack?" I asked, hoping that maybe he remembered me. His emotions on his face immediately went from surprise to anger.

"Why did you do that! I do not know you!" He yelled raising his staff. I cowered as His staff started to emit a yellow light again, his eyes very slowly returning to their previous color.

"I-I'm sorry, Jack. I just m-miss you. I-I love you, Jack." I said scared and sad, knowing that I would never get to see him as the happy, fun-loving Jack that he used to be. Wait.. I love him. Yeah.. I think I do love him..

"What are you talking about. You don't miss me. We were never friends, and seeing as I'm about to kill you, we're not friends now either. And you don't love me, I'm a monster." he said harshly.

"Jack. Your order is to kill." said the Master, now seeing what I was doing to Jack. Jack raised his staff and he aimed at me. The yellow light came out of it right as I began to speak.

"Jack, please don't. I love y- AHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed and closed my eyes as the bolt came after me,but it never hit. I opened my eyes and saw the bolt retreat as Jack held his head in pain. 

"Why is..." he began. Then he looked up at me with bright ice blue eyes, his face full of confusion.

"Jack..?" I asked in fear.

".... Rose... What is going on?" he asked me.

"No!! How did you get him back! What did you do? Pitch, kill her." the Master screamed at me and commanded Pitch. I cringed in fear and Jack hid me behind him. 

"Pitch, you will not. Stay back. If you take one step closer to me, I will kill you." said Jack in a serious tone. Pitch's face read fear all over. 

"Jack, they have Jamie. He's in the back." I whispered. 

"Here's what's gonna happen. I'm going to go get Jamie and I'm going to take them all back out of here. Then I will to back to the other Guardians. You will not interfere or come anywhere near Rose, or I will kill all three of you. Understand?" Jack demanded. 

"Very well then, Jack. Proceed." said the Master, throwing Jack the key to the cage.

"Master, you can't just let them leave!" said Iris.

"Of course I can. They will join us at some point. Now just isn't their time." he said with an evil smile. Jack and I backed all the way into the cage room and got Jamie out of the cage. Jack grabbed the two of us and flew out of there as fast as he could.

{{{{Later at the Pole}}}

We arrived near the front of the Pole. We agreed to go inside at the same time and to face everyone at once. They would no doubt be incredibly angry with me, but they would be overjoyed at the fact that Jack was back.

We  walked past the Yeti's, who saw that Jack and I were both here together, and let us pass. We opened the doors and walked in to find the workshop a mess. As soon as the doors opened there was silence. Not a single person moved. That lasted for maybe a second before people were screaming things at us.

"ROSE!  WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING! WHAT DID I TELL YOU!" screamed Bunnymund. 

"Jack! You are back! Are you well!" shouted Tooth. sandy's symbols went wild as North yelled at the Yeti's to clean up our rooms. 

"STOP!" yelled Jack, banging his staff on the ground. He told me it's his most surefire way of getting the attention of anyone. "I know this sounds terrible. But Rose and I are very very tired and I personally have had a long past 2 weeks. I promise to tell you everything in the morning and to take all the tests and whatnot, but for now,we will go to sleep."

"Of course Jack. It's only suitable. Everyone be extra quiet so they can sleep." said North in reply. We thanked him and made our way down to my room. We walked and laid on the bed. I snuggled into Jacks chest and closed my eyes.

"Rose, are you ok?" asked Jack, in a worried tone. 

"Fine now. why?" 

"I-- I didn't hurt you or anything, did I?" 

"Not at all." I replied, snuggling more into his ches - if that was possible.

"You sure are touchy right now." he commented with a smile.

"I just missed you, is all." I replied.

"How long was I gone? I felt like mere hours."

"You were gone for 2 weeks, Jack." I informed him.

"What? 2 weeks!" he asked, shocked.

"Yeah. Let's just sleep now. I want to sleep with no nightmares again." I replied sleepily. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. 

"Ok, Rose. I love you, too." I heard him say as I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

***Author's Note***

WOW I HOPE YOU LIKED THESE PAST COUPLE CHAPTERS BC I FEEL LIKE THEY ARE CRAPPY. OH WELL. LOVE YOU LOLLIES! THANKS FOR READING! COMMENT AND VOTE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! (: 

PS- I UPDATED A TON TONIGHT BECAUSE I KNEW THE CHAPTERS WOULD BE SHORT SO THATS WHY IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING ABOUT EITHER TOPIC. (: