Chapter 27: Black Skies Are Behind Us

A/N: LAST CHAPTER OF I'LL GUARD YOU. 

**READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END FOR UPDATES ABOUT THE NEXT BOOK!! (YES IT WILL BE ABOUT JACK FROST :3 )

**Rose's POV**

We had been sitting there for a while, most of us just keeping an eye on Iris. After a while of sitting in silence we began to hear shuffling around coming from Felicity's room. We all picked our heads up, even Iris. She looked genuinely concerned. It made me wonder how well she would fit into the group, assuming she is staying. It's not like we can just let her wander without her Guard..

"Do you think she's awake?" asked Tooth while staring at the door. We stood up as soon as the door flew open, making us all jump in surprise. Bunny came out as he motioned to the room.

"She's awake. You can go see her now." He told us. We all took our turns in little groups. First were North, Sandy, and Tooth. After a couple minutes, Jack and I went into the room.

I grasped the handle and slowly twisted it. When the door creaked open, I wasn't ready for what I saw.

"Aww Fliss, I'm so sorry." I said as I walked to the side of the bed. The lively, innocent girl that we all know was lying down and well, not herself. She looked worn out and tired. Not to mention all the gauze that was wrapped over her shoulder. Still, on top of all of those things, she still managed to give a smile as we walked over. 

"Hey guys! Don't be sorry. You couldn't have done anything. You weren't even there." she said in a comforting yet cheerful tone. I couldn't help but laugh a little. 

"How are you in such a good mood? You almost died!" I said incredulously. She only shrugged.

"I'm doing perfectly fine. Just a little sore and tired is all. I worry about Bunny though. He's in much worse condition, you know, blaming himself and such. I just hope he figures out that it wasn't his fault. None of it was." she told us. 

"Yeah, I get what you mean. Well, we're gonna get going.. From this room I mean. Don't wanna keep you from resting and all. Get better Fliss." I replied as I headed towards the door. She smiled and waved as we left and shut the door. 

Everyone lifted their heads up as we came back into the hallway.

"She's just gonna rest for a while." Jack told them. 

"Alrighty then. With all this settled, we have some issues to attend to." North spoke as he stood. "We must stay here until that workshop rebuilds itself. Which means we are relying on the belief of children. Thankfully it is not Christmas time..."

Get on with it North. What do we need to know? Sandy demanded. 

"I'm getting there. Patience. This place has pretty much everything one would ever need. We can stay here until the workshop gets rebuilt. The issues we have are that we have a new, slightly questionable member with us.. And there are some rule changes that we have to address. We'll start with Iris."

"Look, I swear.. I mean no harm.." Iris stuttered, no doubt preparing for the worst news possible. 

"Look, we trust that you are no longer working alongside evil, but that does not mean we trust you. That given, we cannot just leave you to wander without protection.. seeing as you killed the one who was originally supposed to protect you. So, we are allowing you to stay. Maybe, eventually, we may actually trust you." North informed her. Iris jumped up and ran to hug him. At first we all thought she was going to hurt him, but when we realized it was just a hug, we simply laughed.

"Thank you! Thank you! I swear I won't mess up!" she exclaimed happily. She then retreated back and let North continue.

"Alright, the next part has to do with the rules of being a Guard. It's a pretty big change, and definitely much worse." North began.