Chapter 13 -Really?! You liked it?

(Revised and official chapter. :] BTW,this one of the new chapters I inserted.

Enjoy! Hope you like it! And please comment and vote! I will truly appreciate it! THANKS!)

What do you think of the story?

Chapter 13

Hugh’s POV

“Hey, dude! How’s the trip?”I said to Ryuu on the phone.

“Did I disturb your date?”Ryuu teased me and laughed.

“No! You’re wrong!”I didn’t realized that I said it loudly.Koleen looked at my direction.I smiled and signaled to her that it’s nothing.”Rye, what are you saying ?It’s not what you think.”I whispered.

“I can tell that you are embarrassed Hugh.Haha!”Ryuu laughed one again.”You should be true to yourself.Admit to yourself that you like her.”

“You’re saying weird stuff again Ryuu.”I said to him.He always say what he wants.

“You like soccer?”Ryuu asked out of nowhere.

“Of course, I like soccer!”I said. What is he up to?

“How about potatoes?”

“I like them.”

“Carrots?”

“Hate them.”

“Cats?”

“I like them.”

“Spicy foods.”

“Hate them.”

“Sigfried?”

“I hate him.”

“Koleen.”

“I love her.”Oops! What the heck. What did I just say? ”Hey, Ryuu stop this foolish game. You’re just making fun of me.”

“Haha! See? You love her.I knew it! That’s what you feel about her. You just said what has always been in your heart.And your jealous with Sigfried.Haha! ”

“I wasn’t thinking.”I said trying to hide my embarrassment.

“That’s the point. You said things you’re heart knows and not yet realized by your mind. Haha. Good luck to the both of you!Bye!”Ryuu suddenly hung up. He is really something.

“Hey Hugh! Is that Rye?”Koleen asked.

“Yeah! He just said hi!” I told her. I can’t tell her our conversation.

“Oh.I see. I’m almost---Ouchhhh!”She cut her finger while slicing some vegetables.I’m so worried I almost stumble my way her.

“Arghh.So careless.Let me see it.”Without thinking I held her hand and sip the blood from the bleeding finger. She was surprised obviously.And she’s really red.

Koleen’s POV

OMG! My finger is in Hugh’s mouth, he’s actually sipping the blood from it. I’m really embarrassed.I can feel a bit of his tongue.It gives me a different sensation.My heart suddenly beats fast.

“You should wash it right now and we’ll put some band-aid on it. Hurry! ” He said as he release my hand.I suddenly came back to my senses.

“Yeah. Thanks.” I run to the sink and reached for the first aid kit. He put a band-aid in my finger.He was really serious.It’s not a big cut but he was really worried. Somehow it made me feel happy.

“Can you still cook? Do you need help?”He asked me thoughtfully.

“No, I can handle this. Just sit back and relax.”She finished what she was slicing and put it in the casserole. Then she smiled like nothing happened.

Hugh’s POV

She always makes me worried. Good thing the wound wasn’t deep. She always makes me lose my composure. I’m always in panic when she’s in trouble. I didn’t realize that I was just staring her the whole time. It’s relaxing to see her. Just her mere existence makes me feel happy. Ryuu was right I really do love her. And I believe I’ve loving her like this since we were kids.

Koleen’s POV

Hugh is looking at my direction the whole time.Arghhhh.That guy is making me conscious. Why am I feeling shy anyway?He’s just fooling around again.

“Hey Koleen,are you done?I’m really hungry.”Hugh finally spoke.

“Just a couple of minutes.”  I said cheerfully.

“Then,I’ll prepare the table?”He said. We really looked like newly weds, helping each other in preparing for dinner.What am I thinking?

“Yeah,thanks.”

Hugh’s POV

After the long wait we’ll finally have dinner.

“Yey!Eat up Hugh!”She said cheerfully.

“Wow.They looked edible.What should I try first.”I joked.

“You’re so mean.I worked hard for all these.”She sulked.

“I know.I know.I’ll eat everything.”I said with a soft laugh.She was pleased with my answer.

I opened the casserole where the mushroom soup is. ”Are you sure this is a mushroom soup? It looks like a viscous pudding to me.”I teased her.

“Just eat it. It’s just the appearance.”She said confidently.

She gets a bowl and put some “mushroom soup” in it.I almost coughed when I ate it.It was too salty. And seriously, I can’t taste the other ingredients.I want to laugh but I suppress myself because she’ll kill me.

“Koleen, it’s quite salty. And you have a gift of making the taste of ingredients disappear.”I said mockingly while suppressing laughter.

“Eh?Salty? Let me taste it!”She  gets a spoon and tasted the soup.”It’s not quite salty, it is REALLY SALTY!”She said worriedly.”You can’t eat this!”She said.

“No, I’ll eat this. It’s fine.”I said. I’ll eat it. She put all her heart cooking it, just thinking of how hard she cook makes the food taste better.

The same fate happens with the meatballs and muffins. The meatballs looks like a meatloaf and it has lots of flour.And the muffins, she forgot to put the baking powder so it was really…REALLY HARD. Haha!

“You don’t have to force yourself if you don’t like it.”She said while sulking.

“Don’t feel bad.It’s really not that bad.”I said to comfort her.Seriously, it was fun eating all the food she prepared.”See, I finished them all. Thank you for the meal.” I said happily.It’s her first time to cook for someone and it made me happy.

“Really? You liked it?”She asked for confirmation.

“Yeah! I’m really full.I’ll eat whatever you cook.”I smiled and winked at her.

 “Thank goodness.”She smiled and I can tell that she was really happy.