Chapter 19

A/N: I'm dedicating this chapter to @Tatiaprashad1733 for all of the comments and votes. Thank you my luvs!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fenrys:

I can't believe it. Yrene actually did it. Jax could see!

Even better than that, though...I finally got to see her beautiful pine green eyes, so similar to her brother's.

I'm currently taking her for a walk around the castle, and she's marveling at all of the beautiful colors and structures that I never even thought to appreciate before.

Seeing her like this, eyes wide open and full of wonder...I have to be the luckiest male in the universe. She suddenly freezes, and turns to me with an idea sparking in her eyes.

    "Could I see the gardens?" She whispers, and I smile, nodding my head.

    "Of course, love."

Her smile is bright enough to light up the world as she grabs my hand and drags me outside.

***

Jax:

I gasp as I open the doors to the gardens, the bright colors blessing my eyes with their beauty.

I let go of Fenrys' hand to run to the nearest flowers, marveling at the colorful petals.

Running. I can run again! I could never run unless I knew the place extremely well, fearing that I might miss something and trip.

I skip through the familiar pathways, gaping at all of the different colors and structures I couldn't properly appreciate before.

Fenrys trails along behind me, silently smiling and watching me. I don't dare to blink as I try to take everything in at once.

I hear a light shuffling to my right, and immediately cast my awareness net, only to realize I don't need to do so anymore.

I turn to see Dorian and Manon walking towards us. I smile brightly and wave at them as Fenrys comes from behind me and wraps a protective arm around my waist. Not that I mind.

Once they get close enough, it's Dorian that speaks first.

    "Hey...we were wondering if we could see you spar before we leave." I raise my brows.

I hadn't thought about how my fighting might be different. Fenrys' arm tightens around my waist.

    "It's up to you, love." He says softly. I think about it.

    "Sure, I've got plenty of time to explore." I say, smiling at them.

They both grin, and I grab Fenrys' hand as we all head inside to the training room. When we walk in, everyone is already waiting, Aelin and Rowan sparring in the middle.

I never realized how intimidating they look while fighting. I feel a spark of nerves on my stomach.

What if I'm not as good of a fighter with my sight? Fen must notice my discomfort, because he pulls me closer.

    "Hey, you'll be alright." He whispers, placing a kiss on my forehead.

I smile gratefully and lean into his side, wrapping an arm around his waist. When they finish, Rowan being the winner, they all glance at me with raised brows.

    "You want to spar, wide eyes?" Manon calls out, and I bark a laugh.

    "Only if you're prepared to get your ass kicked, spell caster." She gives me a wicked smile before walking to the center of the ring.

I follow her, stretching my limbs as I do so. I lower into a defensive crouch, waiting for Aelin to make the call.

Instead of striking out, she motions for me to make the first move. I notice that she favors her right leg, so I feign a punch to distract her, then send a hard kick to the backs of her knees.

I recognize the sharp breath she takes and dodge her punch, using her momentum against her as I pull her arm and send her to the floor.

I quickly pin her wrists and am surprised when she just grins and nods, accepting that she lost.

Aelin calls the fight, and I climb off of Manon, offering her a hand. She declines, and gets up on her own. She eyes me with wary respect.

    "That was impressive. Nobody has ever beaten me that fast." I shrug.

    "I've never been able to see my opponent coming before. It's nice." I grin, and she gives me a wicked smile.

    "You know, I like you. Your brother should take some notes." She says, shooting a glare at Rowan while I walk back over to Fenrys.

I laugh as Rowan feigns offense, placing a hand on his chest dramatically.

    "That's right, brother. First, I best you in sparring, and then I steal your friends." I say, smiling smugly.

Everyone bursts out laughing, and Fenrys wraps his arms around my from behind. I leans back against him, both of us rocking slightly. He places a kiss on my temple, a smile still stuck in his face.

    "Gods I love you." He whispers, burying his head in the crook of my neck. I laugh, putting my hands on top of his.

    "I love you too."

***

It's almost time for dinner, and I'm standing in the doorway of the bathroom, terrified to walk inside. Fenrys is patiently leaning on the counter, waiting for me to be ready.

    "What if I'm hideous?!" I ask, my panic leaking into my voice. Fen is immediately right in front of me, one hand on each cheek as if I'm some precious item.

    "Don't ever say that." He whispers, looking deep into my eyes. "Don't you ever talk about my mate like that."

I smile, and he rubs my cheeks with his thumbs.

"You are beautiful, inside and out. Trust me." He kisses me lightly, then grabs my hand. "Whenever you're ready."

I nod, taking a deep breath. I step into the bathroom, gasping at the unfamiliar Fae in front of me.

She has pine green eyes, silver hair that's dyed blue at the ends, and sharp features. I lean close, touching my reflection.

"See. Told you you were sexy." Fen says, winking. I laugh, and he comes around behind me to hug my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

    "Damn. We look good together." I say, grinning. He laughs and nods, kissing my neck.

    "Yes we do..." He murmurs, and I can feel his energy change. I scoff, lightly elbowing him as he continues to kiss my neck.

    "Are you ever not in the mood?" I joke, raising a brow at him.

I feel his smile, and the vibrations from his voice make butterflies appear in my stomach.

    "Can you blame me? Look at yourself!" He gestures to the mirror, and I give a little laugh.

    "Yeah, alright." He turns me around, lifting me up slightly so I'm sitting on the counter. His onyx eyes seem even darker than usual, and I pull him in for a long kiss.

He hums in satisfaction, and I wrap my legs around his waist, pulling him closer. He pulls back, resting his head on my shoulder.

    "Love, you really have no clue what you do to me." He murmurs, and I chuckle lightly, lifting his head up to look at his eyes.

    "I'm thinking we might miss dinner again." I say with a wicked smile. He gives me a mischievous grin, and I pull him in for a deep kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment luvs!!